Chapter 26 - 'The question is... who are you?'

The silence is bliss.

For the first time tonight, everyone is calm and quiet. I can hear the soft gasps of air Rhiannon takes next to me. Her duvet wrapped around her like a cocoon as she burrows deeper inside. I slowly, so as not to disturb her, shift my weight and glance at the bed where Lacey is completely passed out. Her head tucked into the crook of her arm as her dark hair tumbles over the edge of the bed.

They're out for the count.

I tiredly blink, attempting to push the heavy, sluggish exhaustion from my eyes before I accidently drift off. I don't need Uriah going on a warpath for me.

Taking my own deep breath, I focus on the girls, having mentally charted their breathing patterns to ensure they're definitely asleep. Brushing a hand through my hair I glance once more at the other two then reach over to my bag, pulling out the phone Uriah gave me.

2.00 am.

It's time.

Slowly rising to my feet I push the sleeping bag down my legs. Goosebumps travel along my skin from the wind billowing Lacey's curtains at the big balcony double doors which Rhiannon left slightly ajar earlier. A shiver washes over me as I silently grab my black leggings, slipping them up my legs after shoving my shorts off. Rhiannon releases a long sigh and shifts on her bed, instantly making me tense as I glance over but she soon settles down. 

Come on, speed up I tug the black hoodie I concealed in my sleeping bag on.

Finally pulling a pair of black converses on my feet to match, well aware that if I wear my combat boots it'll lead Archer straight to me. He's already suspicious enough of me. I sigh woefully this is one mission my combat boots can't join in on. Nevertheless, I slide my hands into the side of my boots and pull two daggers out from the lining. I hope I won't have to use these. Defence only I think. Uriah won't turn me into a murderer.

Taking one last look at the two sleeping girls beside me I grasp my the small bottle of scentless out of my bag and spritz a generous amount over my being before moving swiftly towards the door and checking the phone as I click the call button. 

I slip silently and easily out of the room, my clothes making a suitable human shape in my sleeping bag. Hopefully they won't check on me.

"Princess." 

I gnash my teeth together at the stupid pet name. 

"Treacherous arsehole" I reply, barely raising my voice, aware that wolves have superhuman hearing.

"Careful Princess. I have you Mother in my eye line right now. She looks tired today. Not working too hard on those papers you sent flying this morning I hope?" 

I tense, my fingers curling around the phone as I grate out "where am I going? I have five seconds before the guards turn that corner." I glance up my eyes spotting the small black camera... I don't have time to find a blind spot in the hundred I've already clocked whilst being here "and the security cameras."

"I assume you've seen the Pack house blue prints?" 

Of course I have, you moron I internally snarl but reign it in "where?" 

"The Great Library, when you get into there I will send you instructions." 

I curl my fist around the phone "do I need to take down the camera's or have you decided to move your ass?" 

A dark chuckle travels through the phone "they are frozen. You're fine to move. But remember. I'm watching so don't do anything that will put your Mother ten feet under" I scrape my nails against the palm of my hands and snap the phone shut.