Chapter 16 - Unknown

Chapter 16
Unknown pov.

"I don't see what makes her so special!" the tall pack warrior flicks a strand of long brown hair out of equally willow coloured eyes, which carefully survey the area with a surprisingly keen and protective glare. A glare normally directed at the entire student body. 

The smaller girl, used to her partners moaning and groaning releases a long sigh. Scooping a handful of water from the river that moves deeply through the forest, to quench her thirst she rolls her eyes "Archer can't help who his mate is. Just let it go will you?" The warrior standing tall and tense above her, sneers at her smaller partner, her eyes however quickly dart out to the surroundings as her fierce training reminds her to never take your eyes of the world around you. Or you will be taken out. 

Permanently.

"It's not like that. It has nothing to do with Archer. That relationship sank quicker than the titanic anyway." 

Taking another sip of water her friend snorts unlady-like "I'd say a two year relationship is not as quick or quicker than the sinking titanic. You two were really close before..." her partner's sharp gaze snaps to hers and she purses her lips. Not daring to continue that sentence. 

"Well, it's got nothing to do with that. Archer and I separated on good terms. We have no interest in one another and I couldn't care less who he is mated to. This is more than about petty feelings Serena." The smaller, green eyed girl rises smoothly to her feet with practiced grace as her partner snaps viciously "no one tells me what to do, nor do they embarrass me like that. She has no idea who she's messing with. I'm not going to let some outsider destroy this Pack. She doesn't belong here and I'm going to make sure she knows it." 

Serena sighs, wrapping her hands around her small throwing knives and not for the first time wishes to have her old partner back. The real one she fought happily alongside. The girl who was just as fierce on the battlefield as she is now about the protection of her Pack. The part of her partner that was also understanding, kind, loving, and trusting. Not the vengeful, distrustful and angry at the whole world she had now become after that dreadful and fateful night so many years ago. She'd never been the same after losing someone she loves more than everyone in the whole world and in the end she lost a part of herself. She's never been the same since.

"Oh crap. Archer... the Alpha" Serena's partner groans and slaps her forehead before turning grimly back to Serena "I forgot to log us." 

Serena's green orb like eyes open wider in to ovals "Seriously Carter?! You had one job! The Alpha's going to have our heads... Again! You can't keep forgetting. Mind link him. Now" Serena demands harshly "tell him we're running late and had to move straight to Team C's meeting point for patrol tonight. This is totally on you!" Serena's thoughts right now revolve around not getting the blame for this. Carter's supposed to log them in and Serena's job is to log them both out. It's been like that since they were first paired together.

"Why do I have to do it?" Carter groans as Serena quickly moves south through the forest, towards the meeting place Luke established for his team months ago. "And remind me again why we have to follow Spring Groves very own Peter Pan?" Serena releases another groan and resists the urge to snap as her partner falls easily into step with her. 

Irritated that Carter's footfalls barely make a sound on the forest floor, like the skilled predator she is Serena growls "one, because you're supposed to log us in, like I'm supposed to log us out and two, because Luke is a skilled Elementalist and as good as you are at defeating our top Wolf Warriors Luke floored your butt in the battle for leadership of this team. So deal with it." Carter grumbles something unintelligent thinking if anyone else had talked to her like that she would have floored them but Serena is different. They're practically sisters. Born on the same day from two best friends. A likely friendship. Not even her 3 best wingmen...girls could get a look in on their relationship, it's just a shame Serena is home-schooled.