The offer

We entered a large common room in which most of inner circle settled. I had no idea what I was doing here, or what was expected of me, so I stopped at the entrance and watched what was happening.

'Sit down, Jenna', Said the High Lord and pointed to the chair opposite him. I swallowed hard and barely managed a nod, but I was glad I wasn't shaking.My legs were wobbly but i managed to walk over to the presented chair and table. I didn't ask how he knew my name, I didn't know if I had permission. As I sat, I waited for what came. The shadow singer watched me from a quiet corner, almost disappearing into his shadow. It was as if the situation before never happend and he just put on a show. Even tought his eyes roamed over me, i didn't understand his intentions neither his actions, as he now stood as far away from me as possible, even when moments, seconds ago he could not leave his hands from my body. Maybe he did put on a show and the connenction I had felt, which was pathetic and stupid to announce, was nothing but a play. Netherless I kind of wished we were always sitting together on the chair. It might have given me more strength for the conversation, which was about to follow. Or maybe he would just take my mind off of the stress and anxiety of the past years I went trough in the Hewn City. But he was the shadow singer, spymaster of the Night Court, I would be stupid if I believed he wouldn't have done it for some certain information or action. He knew what he needed to do, knew how to binge information out of a person, in any way possible. It did not make me entierly comfortable.

'Don't you have any questions?', asked the High Lord, as I sat down, trying not to collapse into the seat. He eyed me with interest, as his violet eyes shimmered with power. It nearly made me shrink back into the seat further. I desperatly wanted to mask every emotion that displayed on my face, but i didn't know how good or bad it worked, due to the fact, that I still trembled lightly under the bruning eyes of the inner circle. Even tought, the High Lord didn't look as frightened as before, more like a normal High Fae who was asking about me and my conditions, i couldn't fully believe this intentions. I had no idea what was about to happen, no clue  I could cling on and use for my advantage. I shrugged my shoulders, still uncomfortable with the whole situation I was in.
And I couldn't hide the fear that creeped up inside of me. They might have sensed it but I was to much in my own head to try and reduce any negative emotion from my body. It wasn't possible. I would have laughed, knowing I nearly put up with every man in the Hewn City and that these were nothing more and nothing less but somehow, my brain convinced me otherwise, making me relive every fear and angst that challenged trough me the first time I decided to let a man come to my bed and pay money for sex.
'What-' I swallowed hard. 'What do you want to do with me?' It was the only question that seemed important and meaningful to me and constantly ringed in the back of my mind. Were they going to kill me, had I done something so serious that they were all here together, for me? Panic teared at my nervestrings but I kept it under control, at least for a unknown amout of time before it would flow out of me.

'Nothing that would harm you.' , said the High Lady. She smiled slightly at me, warmth and understanding in her eyes. She knew how I felt in a room full of powerful High Fae, even if she was one of them now. I heard the rumours of her too. A human under the mountain, wanting to fight for the love of her life only to be killed by Amarantha. And in the end, being reborn as High Fae and turing into the first High Lady to ever exist. She was a walking miracle and somehow it gave me trust in her, gained my support and recognition for her. She would not allow any of these man to hurt me or force me into something I did not want. I was grateful for that, for her comforting presence alone.
'We would like to make you an offer.' , she continued.
'For starters...', she said before looking at her High Lord and mate. The look they gave each other made my heart painfully squeeze together. I remembered these looks from my parents, from times where our family didn't break apart and everything seemed fine in a world of danger and fear. It was the look that warmed my heart everytime i saw a couple gazing at each other that way, making me want to experience the same love and admiration. I snapped out of my daze, once again focusing on the situation I was in, and the offer being made.