heated situations

The next morning dawned too early. I had slept poorly, my mind on someone else entirely. Someone on whom I was still angry. So when it was shortly before 6, I rolled out of my bed, and decided to eat breakfast first. And when I stepped into the kitchen, I unfortunately found people already there. How and why in all hell would one voluntarily get up at six in the morning. I would have loved to say my social battery was fully loaded, but it was already used up, it was empty to the last little bit, simple and plain. To be honest, it had been that way since yesterday evening. But Feyre, Rhysand and Cassian had already noticed me. Cassian gave me an amused grin, for which I would have liked to turn his head, while Feyre smiled at me. Rhysand seemed to be lost in some documents.
'Morning', I grumbled in an attempt at a cheerful voice, but it sounded more like a failed grunt. Feyre's smile gradually twisted into his grin as well, before she shielded it with her hand. Thank God I had gotten my hair in a halfway decent braid before I came down. I looked like the last bum. But I just sat down with them and started to eat. At least that lightened my mood a bit, at least until Cassian decided to get on my nerves.

'Who put you in a bad mood this morning?" he asked me with feigned sorrow, as if he cared. I raised an eyebrow and gave him one of my cold looks, which actually made him lean away from the table a little.
'All right well, not today then', he muttered before starting a conversation with Rhysand. Something about the Illyrian camps or something, but I was only half listening. My mood was  down, I had customers to deal with today, and Azriel would take me there too. It sucked increadibly much. I was thankful that Feyre didn't even try to strike up a conversation with me, I had no desire or zest for it. I continued to eat my piece of toast and watched the others.
But my peace was once again disturbed by Nesta who entered the kitchen with a small woman. To all appearances I suspected that she was Amren. And yet I could hardly stop myself from looking at her. I had heard stories and rumors about her and her nature, that she was never fully fae but something was under that skin. The room had gone silent, Feyre was now looking at us, while Rhysand and Cassian were also trying, but more inconspicuously than her. I nodded to Nesta before looking Amren in the eye.

Bad idea, quite stupid, a part of me thought to myself, but I withstood her razor-sharp gaze for another second before turning back to my food. I could see Nesta out of the corner of my eye, grinning ever so cocky, the corner of her mouth twitching on and off. And Amren, well she was dropping glances at me, of a very different kind. Then she raised a brow and sat down opposite me.
Bingoo, very nicely done, really excellent, I mocked myself.
'So girl', Amren started and I looked over my glass at her. My face remained expressionless hopefully, but you had to say she was intimidating.
'Amren', Ryhsand warned her now before anything could happen.
'What, we're just getting to know each other, aren't we?' she said, addressing me. I just raised a brow and gave her a fake grin before bringing my toast to my mouth again. It probably was a dumb idea to push someone as powerful as Amren but I really could not stand another person today. But that seemed to catch her attention and she smiled at me. One soul shattering, deeply disturbing smile that was answered with a wary look from my side, before turning back to my toast, deciding that if she wanted to kill me, she would've already. Maybe that meant she kind of liked me. Or that I just could not bear with people this morning.
'Oh, I like her', Amren then murmured, after she watched me eating my toast, with me once again glaring at her without much of a risk, before Amren launched into a conversation with Nesta. I could see why they liked each other so much. They were both, well, different, in their own way. I shook my head slightly, this could have been worse, I said to myself before taking my last sip of tea. And just when I thought my mood couldn't get any worse, Azriel entered the room. His gaze wandered over to us before it lingered on me.
'Get ready, we were about to leave half an hour ago', he said coldly. I gave him an icy look and poured myself another cup of tea.
'I need a few more minutes, thank you', I said as I took a few sips. I could see his shadows thickening and his expression hardening.
Do you really want to play with fate today jenna, my conscience asked. I don't give in, it was all his fault anyway, I countered and turned back to the table.
Now Nesta was really grinning, Amren seemed to do the same, while Rhysand had raised his eyebrow and Cassian had to hide his laughter behind his hand. What he did not succeed one hundred percent. Feyre only paid attention to us with worried glances.
'Go upstairs now', Azriel commanded as he approached me.
'Why, I'm still eating', I replied, annoyed.

Was he really serious? Did he want me gone so quickly?
'Now', he said, and built himself up in front of me. To say it didn't turn me on a tiny bit would be a lie, a lot. I looked at him, giving him my best bitch stare, trying to make it clear i wasn't the one giving in to him, before turning around to start a conversation with Nesta. And then I was lifted into the air and thrown over his shoulder.
'Oh God, you can't be serious!', I cried out and propped myself up off his shoulder so I didn't touch his wings.
'Put me down', I shouted and kicked, but it didn't help, we were already halfway out the door. Cassian was laughing out loud now and Amren joined in quietly as well. Rhysand just looked confused, maybe because he hadn't expected such a reaction from both of us. I could see no more as Azriel carried me out of sight.
'Stop nagging me like that', he drove at me, which only caused me to do it more. My one swift and nimble movement, he lifted me off his shoulder and shoved me against the wall.
'What is your problem', he asked me. 'What is my problem, you don't seriously ask me! What is your problem?', I shouted and pushed past him, trying to get to my door.

But he remained untouched, which had been to be expected. But I was not yet finished resisting. But in a swift, fast movement that I barely saw coming, he had grabbed my hands and brought them over me. He held them there before his face came dangerously close, his warmth, his scent, all the things that  intoxicated me about him, came at me again, I almost went soft in the knees.

'You're driving me crazy', he said sensually, before he pulled away from me; before I even had an answer ready. But I knew he didn't mean it badly, and that brought a comforting feeling to the pit of my stomach and underneath.

I stomped my foot on the floor, still enraged that Azriel had put on such a show for being mad, it seemed, at me, but wouldn't tell me what was going on. I rolled my eyes and angrily went back to my room, waiting for someone to finally take me back to Hewn city.

Already two days in the townhouse, and the whole drama had just begun.