the map

warning: mature content and torture

The next few hours flew by quickly and soon the full moon shone bright white over the starry sky of Velaris. After Az and I had finished our session, we had stayed in the room for a while and rested or had been busy with other things.

We were still lying on the bed when it occurred to me that today would be one of the days when we would experience a breakthrough, provided Ashbury told the truth. If he did, we would have a chance to save Velaris and the Night Court. I was very glad that Ashbury had talked; on the other hand, I wouldn't have known how we could have extracted information from him. He was the kind of man who would not betray a peep even in pain. But after all, Az was Az and he had been employed by Rhys as a shadow singer and spymaster for long decades, centuries even. He knew how to tease information out of anyone, intentionally or not. I stared over at him; my head propped up on my hand as I lay sideways naked on the bed. Az was lying next to me; however, he had slid down a little further to let his fingers run up and down my thighs. The light touch of his fingers made my skin tingle in that spot and brought out a warm feeling in my chest. He looked at me too, his hazel eyes deep and warm, his voice soft as he spoke to me.

'We should take a look at this map. It will soon be the time when the moon is at its highest.'

I sighed, but nodded in spite of it. I was reluctant to leave this room, because here I was safe, lying in the warm bed, together with my mate. I had no desire to save the world or even to get out of this feather-soft bed. But I knew we had to do it one way or another. We had no choice at all if we didn't want to risk the fate of Velaris. I stared at the wall for a brief moment before I felt Az move. He had bent over me all at once, his hands were on my hips and I sucked in his scent around me. Then his sensual lips were soft against mine, the kiss so sweet, almost tender, that it melted me. I gently wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my fingers in his black hair. He seduced me so easily that I would fall at his feet every time he so much as lifted a finger. His tongue brushed warmly over my lips, wetting them with saliva and I opened my lips for him, letting my tongue dance with his. I felt his strong body above me, his hard cock, which he fisted softly in his hand. I sucked in the air briefly so that it could fill my lungs before his lips were already on mine again and he brought me closer to him in his strong arms.

'How much time do we have before we have to hold the card under the moonlight?', I asked in a soft sigh as he pulled his cock through my folds. My heart thumped against my ribcage as Az took my breast in his other hand, squeezing it.

'Enough', he groaned out before pushing himself into me with a deep thrust. It took the air from me, sucked it out of my lungs, and I moaned into his mouth, which was soft on mine again. It was intimate, slow sex, but it made me gasp with every plunge Az made slowly and precisely, as if he wanted to savour every second, every minute his cock was inside me. I felt so full, incredibly stretched, yet he took me with ease, a deep passion I felt racing through our bond. I whimpered softly as he began to hit the place inside me that made me quiver and spread my legs wider. I lay in his arms, thrusting my pelvis towards his as he shoved into me, but his eyes were on me, his gaze full of love and longing and I felt how much that love for him filled me too. I pulled his face down to me so that his lips were connected to mine again in milliseconds and I wouldn't let go, wanting to feel him against me, united. I wanted to give him everything, all of me, he knew he could have me completely. I loved him so much it almost hurt in my chest. It whipped the longing and passion higher until the steady throbbing in my abdomen turned into more.

'Baby-' his voice was raspy, his breathing shallow and erratic as he pushed into me again and again, watching every facial movement of mine, absorbing it and internalising it so he could remember what I liked.