the joy of kisses

Rhysand and I went downstairs to the living room with the others. Everyone would have been informed by now that something had happened to Az. Most likely Rhysand had told them by mind.
However, the matter of Azriel and me remained between us.
I didn't know yet how Azriel felt about this whole thing and how he would react to it. I didn't even know if he had figured it out like I had. This whole thing would turn out to be more complicated than I initially thought.
As we sat down with the others, we noticed the tense situation that was hanging over us. We knew Az was safe now, yet we didn't know how bad his wounds were.
I settled down on the sofa next to Feyre and waited. My hand massaged my temple, a slight headache had now settled on me.
I closed my eyes for a brief moment and felt Azriel gently move past my shields. He caressed them gently, it helped me relax. Az knew that I always left a small hole in my wall for him, he could come to me if he wanted.
Thank you
His voice was rough, deep and silky. Like a whisper down my spine, a breath of a sensual touch.
I hummed to him approvingly.
Next time you can let me come to you sooner, that would have speed things up a bit, don't you think?  I mused to him.
Maybe
He whispered to me and tenderly stroke along my shield. I felt it giving way more and more under him, but I didn't want to resist it, didn't want to push against it, because only he managed to open me up like that. And I wasn't afraid of him being able to see everything of me. Because I wanted him to know me, I wanted that when he looked at me, he saw everything of me and not only half of me. I wanted to present the whole me to him and soon the moment would come when I would let all the walls down for him.
Just come back quickly. To me.
I felt a small, possessive purr escape his chest. I didn't even want to know if Cassian had heard it. I'm sure the look on his face would have been tantalizing.
I felt Feyre's hand on my arm and looked up.
She gave me an encouraging smile before taking my hand in hers. I squeezed her hand in thanks. My High Lady. Sometimes it was still weird to know that I lived with them now, that I was part of their little circle. Feyre was simply the kindest person I had ever met. I didn't know why or how, but she always seemed to sense when I wasn't comfortable with something. And then she would come up to me and keep me company, talk when I didn't want to. And that's how she seemed to do it again today. She gave me the support I needed when Azriel wasn't here.
She had become a friend that I had needed. Sometimes it amazed me how different she was from Nesta. In general, the three Archeron sisters didn't seem alike in many ways. But I did not mind. Because each of them gave me something that I valued as important. Even if it was different, it was something i needed.
And I was glad that everyone who lived here accepted me as family.

We waited a few minutes longer before the air thickened and suddenly Cassian stood in front of us.
He supported Azriel, who hung at his side holding one of his injuries. Our eyes met briefly, but then the others had already jumped up to help them.
It all happened so fast that I hardly noticed that they were taking Azriel to Madja, who was supposed to heal him. I decided to go see him later, even if the urge to go to him and press myself against him was so strong that I almost turned around. But first Madja had to take care of him and after that surely Rhys wanted to know what had happened before the others then inquired about him.
I unconsciously headed for Azriel's room. Even if I didn't have him around now, I at least needed his smell around me to reassure me that he was really there. That he was all right.
I stripped off my leggings and t- shirt before slipping one of his over my head and laying down in his bed. It was soft and smelled like him.
Like acacia wood and night - chilled mist.
It almost felt like he was really next to me, but I knew where he was now.
And so, I snuggled into his pillow, his sheets lazily wrapped around me, and slowly, with his scent in my nose, began to fall asleep.

I knew I wouldn't have a very deep sleep, I was still too worried about Azriel, but it helped a little to know I was in his room. Where he spent most of his time. Still, I lay awake for a while, the tilted window bringing a little fresh air through the room and the night smell of the city.
I barely heard the door open as I lay with my back to it, looking down through the window at Velaris. Someone sat down on the bed, the mattress dipped for a moment, and I was already turning around to tell them to fuck off, after all it was the middle of the night, but when I turned around it was Azriel.
My heart leapt and I literally threw myself into his arms.
'Az', I exhaled and buried my face against his neck. He grunted softly and only now did I realize that he had hurt himself. I pushed away from his bare chest and watched him.
'Claudron I'm sorry, I forgot that-'
But that was as far as I got.
'It's all right.' His voice was so rough, as if he had talked too long and too much, and yet it was warm.
'It's all right', he said again, and ran his hand through my hair. I snuggled up to his contact, but eyed him carefully.
He had only his boxers on, which sat low on his hips. You could faintly see the V that went down his abdomen. A bandage went around his middle and you could still see a little blood oozing out of his side. He had a few scratches on his muscular chest and abdomen, but that seemed to be about it. I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized that none of his injuries were fatal. He would get better. My Azriel would become better again.
I nestled gently against his chest, my arms around his neck as I put my face against his neck again. I breathed him in, his scent. Absorbed his warmth inside me, internalizing every little bulge on his neck, his prominent chest and toned stomach. His other hand pulled me closer to him, onto his lap, and soon we were just sitting on his bed, entwined.

'I was afraid for you', I whispered after a while.
'I thought you-'
I stopped, because I didn't want to carry out the thought of having been so helpless.
I looked up at him.
'Just let me get to you when something like this happens, just let me know you're okay. I -'
I exhaled and rested my forehead against his chest.
'It's okay Jenna. I'm here, I'm fine.'
'But what if you weren't?', I whispered.

'What if I had known something was wrong, but I couldn't have helped you? Do you know how helpless I felt, how desperate I was because you were in danger and there was nothing I could do? I could do nothing, nothing at all!
And you', my hands came to his cheeks, reached for his face,
'you were hurt, I knew that. But I didn't know where you were, I didn't know who was after you, I... Just tell me, ok? Just tell me next time.'
His eyes were so soft, full of affection and admiration. I had a hard time holding his gaze, there were so many emotions reflected in it that I didn't know from him. I didn't know how to deal with it. I looked back at the window, but his hand grabbed my chin. He turned it towards him and found my gaze.
The same love and respect were in his gaze.
'I'll tell you next time, you hear? I'll tell you every little detail, just so you know you helped me. Because that's what you did today Jen. You've been doing that all along.'
His thumb ran over my lower lip.
'I'll tell you anything you want.'
I returned his gaze and noticed his eyes kept darting from my eyes to my lips. I began to tingle inside. Thousands of butterflies seemed to move in my stomach and I felt warm all over. I noticed his hands caressing the sides of my face and my breathing was now faster than before.
The wind blew through the window, my hair was stirred up slightly and I smiled slightly at Azriel as he brushed it back behind my ear. I could feel myself waiting for it. How a feeling filled me and I became nervous and happy at the same moment Azriel leaned forward and I began to lean forward as well. His aura almost engulfed me, his wings spread out behind him and slowly closed around us as we drew closer, his touch like a thousand fires on my skin.
His gaze met mine and I realized how much I was pining for the day this would happen. He was so close to me, everything about him wafted around me, putting me in a trance, and I felt so comfortable, so protected and safe.
And when his soft, sensual lips met mine, I was blown away. I let myself sink against him, let this feeling take me to cloud nine, let it fill me as Azriel kissed me.
And he did it so easily, so carefully, as if he wanted to give me the time, the space I needed. But I didn't have to decide. I pressed my lips harder against his, feeling the comforting pressure against mine as Azriel returned it.
His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer as I pressed against him like a second set of clothes. My hands buried themselves in his silky soft hair and I sighed happily. Heat seemed to rush through me like volts chrashing into me, a tingling sensation that filled me and reached down to my toes and back up again.
It shook me to my inner core, vibrating thruh me, lust and desire filled me.
I could feel him against me, all of him.
I pulled his hair and Azriel gave a short moan, but I used it as an invitation. My tongue ran along his lower lip before I invaded and our tongues danced together and our kiss did everything to me that I would have thought impossible.
After a while we broke away from each other to catch our breath, but our gazes remained locked on each other. I bit my swollen lip as Azriel looked at me with his dark, possessive eyes. I stroked his hair and laughed softly.
'We should go to sleep',I whispered. 'You need the rest.'
He just frowned before bringing his lips to mine again. It was light, soft, a hint of a kiss, but it swirled my insides into a hundred pieces.
Azriel pulled back and lay on his back. He looked so perfectly calm and content, with his hair slightly dishevelled and his lips swollen. And yet he was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen in my life. I couldn't help but stare at him.
'Come here', he said as he lolling on his sheet. His arm was outstretched, as if inviting me to cuddle up to him. I grinned at him before snuggling myself against his trained chest as my arm slid over his toned stomach. Azriel's arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I laid my leg across his abdomen.
'Sleep well sweetheart.'
'Good night shadow singer.'
And so, we fell asleep, arm in arm, entwined and happy.

It was the best sleep I had ever had in a long time.