Chapter 2; Capture The Flag

"I thought no one was allowed to enter the maze?" asked Hazel, glancing at the boys that jogged out of the maze.
    "We're not allowed to enter the maze. They're different, they're Runners. Let me introduce you to the Keeper of the Runners." said Chuck, pulling her towards the muscular looking Asian boy.
    "Meet the new Greenie." said Chuck.

    "A girl?" asked the boy, raising an eyebrow.
    "No, a cow. Of course I'm a girl, what else would I be?" said Hazel, crossing  arms as she rolled her eyes.
    "You're sassy. I like ya, the name's Minho." said the boy, holding out his hand for her to shake.
    "Hazel." she replied, shaking his hand.
    "So Chuck, how's it feel like to be promoted?" asked Minho.
    "Feels great, Minho." said Chuck proudly.
    "Hey, Newt," shouted Chuck, looking to Newt. "Look who's back!"

    "Are ya ready for the bonfire tonight?" asked Newt.
    "What Bonfire?" asked Hazel? furrowing her eyebrows.
    "It's a celebration we have for the Greenies." explained Newt.
    Suddenly, a loud boom exploded though the air, causing Hazel to jump. It was followed by an ear-piercing grinding sound. She looked around amd panicking when saw that the walls were closing, trapping them inside.

    She started to fee very claustrophobic and found it hard to breathe.
    "Calm down Hazel!" shouted Newt. "It's just the walls closing for the night!"
    "How's that even possible?" asked Hazel.
    "You can ask the bloody creators if you ever meet them." replied Newt.
    "It's time for the Bonfire!" shouted Chuck pulling me towards the Bonfire.

-

    What do you guys do for fun here?" asked Hazel.
    "Well..." Chuck replied.
    "We don't really have much fun here." said one of the Gladers.
    "I think that'll have to change. Do u guys want to play a game tonight?" asked Hazel.
    "Sure, let's ask Alby and the other Gladers if they wanna play." said Newt.
    "Hey, Alby. Hazel wants to play a game tonight. Can you gather the other Gladers?" asked Newt.
    "Sure Newt," replied Alby.
     "Listen up!" shouted Alby, "We're goin' to play a game tonight."
    "What's the game?" asked one of the Gladers.
    "It's called 'Capture The Flag'. answered Hazel, smiling.

    "They're two teams, a red team and a blue team. Each team gets a flag and gets ten minutes to hide it." explain Hazel.
    "So everyone split into two groups." Newt told the Gladers. "Alby and I will be the team captains."
   She ended up in Newt's group, along with Minho, Chuck and some other Gladers.
    "Here's the flag." said Hazel, handing him the small, blue flag.
    "Thanks, any ideas where we should hide it?" asked Newt.

    "Let's hide it in the forest." suggested Minho.
    "Good idea." replied Newt. "Chuck, follow Hazel and find a safe place to hide it. The rest of you guys follow Minho and I."
    "Sure thing, Newt." said Chuck.
    "Good that." Said Newt.
    "Let's not waste another shuckin' second. Let's go!" shouted Minho walking towards where the red team was last seen.
    "Come on Hazel, I know a good place to hide it." Said Chuck running towards the center of the forest, towards the treehouse...

-

    They were almost reaching the treehouse when Hazel heard shouting, the red team shouting.
    "They'll be here soon, Chuck. You hide it I'll distract them." said Hazel, handing him the flag.
    She was running away from the treehouse when she heard a twig snap.
    "I see her!" shouted a someone from the red team.
    At least I've gotten their attention, thought Hazel, running in the opposite direction of the treehouse.

-

    After Hazel and Chuck entered the forest, we started walking towards the homestead.
    "We've gotta find their flag soon," said Newt. "Time's up and I saw half the red team headed towards the forest."
    "I'm guessing the other half is here somewhere. Let's split up." said Minho walking in the opposite direction.
    After about five minutes of walking/searching Newt spotted something red on a tree branch. It was the red team's flag!

    Well, here goes nothing, thought Newt as he proceeded to climb the tree.
    "Just a bit further," said Newt outloud.
    "Got it!" shouted Newt, as he began his decent down the tree.
    "We won!" shouted Chuck.
    "I told you tonight would be fun." said Hazel, walking towards me.
    "You were right, Hazel. But that's enough fun for tonight, get some sleep guys." said Alby walking towards the four-room hut, where the Keepers slept. Alby, Minho, Gally and Newt each had a room there.

-

    It was getting late, and most of the Gladers were going to bed.
    I should probably get some sleep. Wait- where will I be sleeping, thought Hazel.
    "Umm... Guys?" said Hazel, walking towards Newt & Ably. "Where will I be sleeping?"
    "Well, you should probably sleep in one of our rooms. Since your the only girl." said Alby. "Newt, could Hazel sleep in your room for now?"
    "Sure, I don't mind." replied Newt.
    "Good that. Goodnight guys." said Ably.
    "Goodnight Alby." said Newt walking into one of the rooms in the hut.

    Hazel looked around Newt's room and saw a table, chair and a bed, big enough for both of them.
     "You sleep on the bed Hazel, I'll sleep on the floor." said newt taking one of the blankets on the bed.
    "No, it's your room. I'll sleep on the floor." said Hazel, taking the blanket from him.
    "Are you sure?" asked Newt.
    "I'm sure." replied Hazel as she placed the blanket on the floor and lay down. Hazel didn't realize how tired she was until her head touched the floor, and she instantly fell asleep.