Chapter 6; Dream

Darkness surrounded Hazel for the second time that week. When everything came into focus, Hazel saw a little girl with long wavy, hazel hair walking down a long path in the same forest as the last time. Just like the last time, the little girl looked like the younger version of Hazel, but this time the little girl looked much younger. The girl looked about seven years old. It was like a dream, but Hazel knew better, it was a memory. The younger version of Hazel walked down the path looking around.
    What is she looking for, thought Hazel following the younger version of herself down the path.
    After following the younger version of herself for a while Hazel noticed something. Every time the younger version of herself walked further and further down the path, there would alway be the crunching sound of leaves further behind them. It was almost as if something, or someone was following them into the forest.
    Hmm... That's peculiar, thought Hazel out loud.
    Hazel heard a noise in the bushes and decided to investigate what was making the noise. Hazel then started to walk towards the bushes, she was taken by surprise when a boy, no older than ten years old jumped out from the behind the bushes and started walking towards them. The boy had short, dark brown hair and had thick eyebrows.
    Now where have I seen this boy before, wondered Hazel.
    Then, the strange boy started walking towards the younger version of Hazel, careful not to make a sound. He stood behind her and then covered her eyes with his hands, and shouted, "BOO!!!"
    The girl screamed, then she turned around and playfully hit the boy's forearm.
    "Gally! Don't scare me like that!" she shouted at the little boy.
    Gally, thought Hazel as she walked up to the younger version of herself and Gally.
    "Sorry. It's not my fault that you get scared so easily." said the boy, Gally, laughing.
    So it's true. Gally and I did know each other before we were placed in the Glade, thought Hazel, smiling at the sight of herself and Gally before her.
    "Your brother's looking for you." said the younger version of Gally.
    "Aww. Does that mean I have to go home now?"
    "Yeah, I guess so. But we can still come back here tomorrow." said the younger version of Gally.
    "Yeah... Race ya!" shouted the younger version of Gally running down the path.
    The girl chased after Gally, giggling as she ran back down the path she came from...

-

    Hazel shot up from the bed. She turned around expecting to see Newt, but Newt's side of the bed was empty.
    He must've woken up earlier, she thought to herself getting up and making the bed.
    Who would've thought that Gally and I were close friends, thought Hazel recalling her previous dreams/memories as she walked out of the homestead, headed towards the kitchen.
    After she'd gotten her breakfast from Frypan, she started walking towards the picnic table to sit down. As she was getting closer to the tables, she noticed that Chuck was sitting by himself under the shade of a tree, next to one of the picnic tables.

    "Hey Chuckie. Have you eaten your breakfast?" asked Hazel, sitting down.
    "Yup. I just finished my breakfast." replied Chuck looking up at her.
    "Have you seen Gally or Newt recently?" she asked him as she started peeling the eggshell off her hard boiled egg.
    "Newt's with Minho in the Map Room, and I just saw Gally walking towards the homestead." said Chuck pointing to the homestead.

-

    "Gally we need to talk." said Hazel walking into the hut where Gally and the Builders work.
    "Okay."
    "In private." said Hazel gesturing to the other Builders in the room.
    "You Shanks heard her, get out." said Gally pointing at door.
    When Gally was absolutely sure that the Builders had left the room he asked, "What's up?"
    "I had another dre- memory last night."
    "What about?" asked Gally pulling out a chair for them to sit.
    "It was about you and I," said Hazel, sitting down on the chair.
    "We were younger then, I was about six or seven years old, and you looked about, ten years old."
    "Go on..." said Gally, looking at Hazel.

    "We were in the forest, and I was looking for something, or someone. We were talking to each other for awhile. Then, just like the last time, you said that my brother was looking for me." said Hazel.
    "Hmm... Hazel, have you ever seen your brother in your past memories?" asked Gally.
    "No. I wonder if he's here in the maze." said Hazel.
    "He might be. Maybe one day we'll find your brother." said Gally.
     "Come on. We'd better start work before shank, Newt comes to check on you." said Gally walking out the room.
    "Newt?" said Hazel, confused.
    "Yeah, Newt. I think that shuck-face suspects that we're keepin' somethin'  from him." said Gally.

    "What are we doing today Gally?" asked Hazel following Gally out the door.
    "We'll be building a wall for the homestead with the other Builders." said Gally.
    After the wall was built it was already late so everyone in the glade called it a night, and went to bed.