Chapter 12; Trapped (Part 1)

Hazel sees herself as a teenager dressed in white. She sees herself in a square room with plain white walls with no windows. The younger version of herself is sitting on a bed with white sheets, talking to Gally, well, the younger version of Gally. From where Hazel, she can hear little bits of their conversation. "Gally, have you seen Newt recently? I haven't seen him in a week." says the younger version of herself. "No, but Newt's not the only one who's missing, Alby is gone and so is Nathan." says Gally. "I'm worried, I've asked the others and they say that they haven't seen him since the check-up, last week." says Hazel. "I'm sure they're fine. Who knows, maybe we'll see them tomorrow." said Gally hugging Hazel...

    "Hazel!" shouted Nathan, snapping Hazel out of her thoughts.
    "What?" asked Hazel, looking at him.
    "Did you hear what Minho said just now?" asked Nathan.
    "What?" replied Hazel.
    "You've been staring at the maze walls for awhile, what's on your mind?" asked Nathan.
    "Nothing, I'm just tired." lied Hazel. The truth is she was thinking about the dream she had last night, before they were placed in the Glade apparently Newt and her were close before all of this. Hazel shook her head and tried to forget about the dream, for she was going to enter the maze soon.

    Just like the last time, Newt and Gally stood by the Maze doors waiting for Hazel.
    "Be careful, alright?" asked Newt, hugging Hazel.
    "Always." replied Hazel hugging Newt tightly, before letting go.
    "Now don't miss me too much." teased Hazel as she hugged Gally.
    "I'll try." replied Gally, smiling at her.
    "Ready?" asked Nathan, tilting his head at the Maze.
    "Born ready." replied Hazel, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
    "Let's go." said Nathan leading the way into the Maze, with Hazel running after him.
    "So, what did Hazel say yesterday?" asked Gally.

    "She pretty much said everything that you did." said Newt, turning to walk away.
     "Told ya." said Gally shaking his head.

    Meanwhile, in the Maze, Nathan and Hazel were busy talking as they ran.
     "So, who do you like?" asked Nathan as he matching his speed with Hazel's.
    "Really? Of all things you could ask me you ask that?" asked Hazel turning to face Nathan.
    "Yeah, why? Does that question make you feel weird?" asked Nathan.

    "No, it's just a weird thing to ask someone. It's like me asking you, which guy do you find hot." said Hazel.
    "Yeah, except I'm not interested in guys." said Nathan.
    "Are you implying that I am interested in someone in the Glade?" asked Hazel, raising an eyebrow.
    "Yeah, you do like someone in the Glade, don't you?" asked Nathan.
    "Let's just stick to running Nathan." said Hazel changing the subject completely.

    "It's getting late," said Nathan for the first time in three hours. "We'd best be getting back."
    "Sure, lead the way." said Hazel.
    Twenty mimutes later Nathan and Hazel started sprinting back to the Glade.

Hazel's P.O.V

    "We're almost there!" shouted Nathan as we ran as fast as we could, the maze walls were just starting to close. We could hear the walls closing as we ran.
    "Just a bit further!" shouted Nathan as we neared the Glade. The South doors were almost halfway closed.

    As we were nearing the doors we heard the Gladers shouting.

    "COME ON NATHAN!"
    "HAZEL HURRY!"
    "THE BLOODY WALLS ARE CLOSING!"
    "NATHAN, HAZEL RUN!"

    Nathan, being faster than me, was way ahead of me as we ran towards the closing doors. Nathan had gotten into the Glade and the doors were closing fast.
    "Hazel!" shouted Nathan as he fell to the ground, exhausted.
    I ran as fast as I could.

    'I'm not gonna make it.' I thought as I started running faster. I was almost at the entrance out the Glade when, the doors closed shut, trapping me inside the maze for the night. Alone. With the Grievers.
    "No one ever survives a night in the Maze..." I said out loud, recalling what Newt told me on my first night in the Glade. Which made me start hyperventilating while leaning against the wall for support.

Third-person's P.O.V

    "No!" shouted Newt as he hit the maze walls with his fists.
     "You shuckin' slinthead! You left her all alone in the maze!" shouted Gally balling up his fists in anger.
    "She'll die out there." said Chuck sniffing.
     "Don't say that! She'll make it, I know she will. Hazel's a strong girl, she'll get out of the bloody maze alive." said Newt, his voice breaking at each word.
    "Newt, I'm sorry. She's gone..." said Minho placing a hand on Newt's shoulder, trying to calm him down.

    "If she dies in there, I'll kill you." said Gally angrily. As if one cue, a bloodcurdling scream could be heard from all over the Glade. Hazel's scream. But that was not what terrified the Gladers. It Grievers inhumane roaring right after Hazel had screamed. The only thing on everyone's mind was, 'Would Hazel, an inexperienced Runner, survive a night in the maze alone with the Grievers?'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hello my lovely Gladers, what did you guys think of this chapter? I'm sorry if it's too short, I really wanted to post something this week. I hope I'll be able to introduce Thomas into the story before the TST release date, which is in 25 days. Besides the chapter update, I've also written a new fanfic. It's called 'Pan's Prisoner' (cover of the book in the picture ^), a Peter Pan fanfic for you Oncers. I hope you liked this chapter and please check out my new fanfic. (and maybe even vote for it?) Thanks for reading! <3

-Alice xx

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~