Chapter 22; Thomas

"Hazel, h-how do you know his name?" asked Newt, looking from Hazel to Thomas.
    Hazel ignored Newt and ran towards Thomas, hugging him tightly.
    "I t-thought y-you were d-dead." said Hazel, with tears in her eyes.
    "Umm, do I know you?" asked Thomas, furrowing his eyebrows.
    "Thomas, i-it's me, Hazel." stuttered Hazel.
    "Hazel?" whispered Thomas, his face wet with tears.
    "I-I missed y-you so much." said Hazel, crying on his shoulder.

    "Me too. I thought I'd never see you again." said Thomas, hugging her back.
    At that moment Gally walked up the stairs and saw Hazel hugging Thomas.
    "Hazel why are you up?! And why the hell are you hugging the Greenie?" asked Gally, jealousy obvious in his voice.
     "He's my-"
     But before she could finish her sentence, Hazel collapsed in Thomas's arms.
    "Hazel!" screamed the boys.
    "I'm f-fine, I just s-slipped." said Hazel shakily.

    "No you're not fine, you're sweating and you look like you're about to faint." said Newt.
    "I agree with Newt, go back to your room Hazel. We'll discuss this later." said Alby.
    "And you," said Alby, turning to face Thomas. "You're not allowed to step foot in this hut."
    "But Hazel-"
    "Does not need anyone to keep her up, you've done enough." said Gally angrily.
    "Hazel?" pleaded Thomas -as he looked at his sister- letting go of her.

    "It's a-alright Thomas, I-I'll be fine." said Hazel, closing the door behind her.
    "Get out, you can see her tomorrow." said Alby, jerking his head towards the stairs.
    And Thomas let the room without another word.

-

    "How did Hazel know your name?" asked Chuck, taking a bite of the sandwich Frypan had given him.
    "I don't wanna talk about it Chuck." snapped Thomas.
    "Okay, fine." said Chuck.
    "Ah, man," Thomas mumbled though a mouthful. "I was starving."
    "Told ya." Chuck replied, taking another bite of his sandwich.

    "You should watch out for Gally, he doesn't like you at all. Especially since you and Hazel know each other." warned Chuck.
    "What's his problem?" asked Thomas.
    "He's very close to Hazel, both him and Newt, so they tend to not like anyone who's too close to her. Unless they're fine the guy who's with her." explained Chuck.
    What's that supposed to mean? Thomas wanted to say, but he kept his mouth shut.

    After a couple more bites, Thomas couldn't take it anymore and asked the question that had been bothering him. "Is Hazel gonna be alright?"
    "Umm, I can't really answer that. Maybe you can ask Newt that on the tour tomorrow." said Chuck.
    "What's actually wrong with that Ben guy? He doesn't even look human anymore."
    Chuck glanced over towards the hut. "I don't really know," muttered Chuck. "I didn't see him."
    Thomas could tell that the boy wasn't being honest but he decided not to press him.

-

    While Thomas and Chuck were eating, Gally, Newt and Minho were still the Med-Jack's hut. Minho had just came back from the Maze and Newt and Gally were filling him in on what he had missed.
    "So he went upstairs to see Ben, saw Hazel and she just broke into tears and hugged him?" asked Minho, trying to wrap his head around what they had just told him.
    "Yup, that's exactly what happened." said Newt.
    "I don't like the new Greenie." said Gally as he paced the room.

    "Gally-" sighed Minho, shaking his head exhaustion.
    "There's something fishy about him. I've seen before, during the changing." interrupted Gally.
    "Gally, we've been over this. There's nothing wrong with the bloody Greenie." said Newt, rolling his eyes.
    "He could be a shuckin' spy from WICKED." said Gally.
    "He's not a bloody spy, Hazel trusts him therefore I trust him." stated Newt.
    "Aren't you a bit worried?" asked Gally, looking at Newt.
    "Worried about what?" asked Newt, sitting up on the chair.