Chapter 27; It Just Gets Worse

"Nathan, carry Hazel back to my room. Gally and I will deal with this bloody shuck-face." said Newt, clenching his fists.
    "I know what you guys are gonna do, there's no way I'm leaving this shank alone with you guys." stated Nathan.
    "Relex, Nathan, Gally and I are just gonna throw him the Slammer." said Newt.
   "He's one of my boys. He knew better than to touch her." said Gally, glaring daggers at the unconscious boy on the ground. "Can't we just kill him?"

    If looks could kill, Nick would've been dead a long, long time ago.
    "No. As much as I'd love to kill him, we still have to follow the bloody rules." said Newt, pausing for a second to check on Hazel.
    "Nathan." said Gally, nodding towards Hazel.
    "Fine, but if he's dead when I come back, I'm blaming you guys." said Nathan, picking Hazel up in his arms.

    Then he left the Bathroom without another word, carrying Hazel back to the Homestead bridal style.
    "We broke his shuckin' nose." said Gally, grinning.
    "Yeah, that was a nice punch, Gally."
    "Thanks." said Gally, giving Newt a small smile. It wasn't much, but it still meant something.
    "Come on," said Newt, grabbing Nick's arms. "Let's get this bloody shuck-face in the Slammer."

****

    After Nathan had placed Hazel back in Newt's room, he left the Homestead to help the two boys with Nick.
    "Hey, Newt?" said Nathan as they were walking back to the Homestead.
    "Yeah?"
    "Now you and Hazel are officially a couple, I just thought I'd let you know something." said Nathan.
    "What is it?"
    "She's my best friend, if you ever break her heart, I'll break your face." said Nathan.

    "The same goes for me." said Gally, cracking his knuckles.
    "Nathan, you know I'd never do that." said Newt.
    "I know, I just needed to get that out in the open." replied Nathan, before walking into his room and shutting the door.
    "Well, see ya tomorrow." said Newt as he opened his room door.
    "Yeah, see ya." replied Gally, walking into his room.

****

    When Hazel woke up, she found herself in the Med-Jack's hut, again. She looked to her right and saw Newt, sleeping in a chair next to the mattress she was sleeping on. Hazel yawned and rubbed her eyes as she sat upright.
    "Hazel?"
    "Hey, Newt." greated Hazel, smiling sluggishly.

    "Good morning, Princess. Sleep well?" asked Newt, sitting on the mattress, next to her.
    "Yeah..." answered Hazel, yawning. "How long was I out?"
    "About a day and a half."
    "What happened while I was out?" asked Hazel.
    Newt smiled said, "Minho, Alby and Thomas, they came back. They're alive, Hazel. They're alive."

****

    After Newt had gathered the Keepers he called for Hazel and Thomas to join them. The last words Newt had said to her were, "Stay outside and wait for me to come and get you."
    But as usual, Hazel's curiosity got the best of her and she soon found herself standing at the behind a large door, eavesdropping on Thomas's "supposedly confidential" trail. She knew that the Keepers wouldn't be too happy if they found her eavesdropping, but frankly, she didn't care.

   She just wanted to be sure that her brother was alright. Hazel could hear the boys' muffled footsteps from inside the room, she closed her eyes and imagined what was happening behind the closed door. She pictured the boys walking up to their assigned seats and sit down. She heard Newt speak up, but the door muffled most of his words.
    "In place of... Sick in bed... This gathering begun."