Chapter 11; Tell Her You Love Her

[A/N play the video while reading this chapter for major feels]

    "This is a bad idea." said Newt shaking his head and taking a few steps back.
    "Come on Newt, just walk up to her and tell her you love her." said Minho pushing Newt towards Hazel, who was sitting under a tree writing in her notebook.
    "I can't, I can't bloody do it." said Newt turning around his back facing Hazel.
    "Listen," said Minho placing his hand on Newt's shoulder. "You're not the only shank who likes her, remember what Gally said?" asked Minho.
    "Yeah, I remember what that bloody shuck'face said." replied Newt angrily.
    "Do you think what he said about him and Hazel is true?" asked Minho.
    "I don't bloody know, but I sure hope not."

-
(10 minutes earlier)

    "Newt, be honest with me, what's this really all about?" repeated Minho for the second time.
     "I can't lose her Minho. I think..." said Newt, pausing to wipe the tears off his face. "I think I love her." said Newt.
    "What?" said a voice from behind them.
    "Who's there?" shouted Minho.
    "Who do you think, shuck-face?!" said the voice again.
    It only took Newt half a second to recognise the person speaking.
    "Gally, why the shuck are you even here?" asked Newt.
    "Hazel sent me." replied Gally plainly.
    "How much did you hear?" asked Minho.

    "Enough to know that you think you have a chance with her." answered Gally crossing his arms.
    "So... You love Hazel?" asked Gally raising his eyebrows.
    Newt hesitated for half a second before saying, "Yes... I'm in love with her."
    "Well then, may the best shank win." said Gally turning to walk away.
    "What makes you think that you have a chance with her?" asked Minho standing up for Newt.
    "Because, believe it or not, Hazel and I have a history together. We knew each other before we were placed in this shucking Glade." said Gally as-a-matter-of-factly.
    "I don't believe you." said Newt.
    "Oh yeah? Ask her yourself." said Gally walking away.

-
(Back to the present)

    "Okay fine," groaned Minho pinching the bridge of his nose.
    "Forget that. Just start small, ask her if she knew Gally before all of this," said Minho gesturing to the Glade. "It won't be that hard to ask her that, right?" asked Minho.
    "Right?" he repeated again when Newt didn't answer him.
    "Yeah, I guess your right, I'll ask Hazel if she knew him first." said Newt. "Ask me if I knew who?" asked a small voice from behind Newt. "Oh, umm, I, um." mumbled Newt incoherently. "Yes?" asked Hazel looking puzzled.

    Minho feeling that he should help his friend, sighed and blurted out, "Oh for Shuck's sake! Newt wanted to ask if you knew Gally before we were all placed here." said Minho gesturing to the Glade, like before.
    "Umm, what?" asked Hazel no longer looking confused.
    "You heard me," said Minho, "Is it true that you knew him?"
    "How'd you find out?" asked Hazel, shock written all over her face.
    "So it's true?" asked Newt looking a bit hurt.
    "Look, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you that earlier, I just..." said Hazel trailing off.
   "How long have you known?" asked Newt.

   Hazel mumbled something under her breath trying her best to not making eye-contact with them.
    "What?" asked Newt.
    "Two weeks... Are you mad?" asked Hazel looking up.
    "No, I'm just hurt that you didn't tell me." said Newt.
    "I'm sorry, I just wasn't sure what to make of those memories." said Hazel.
    "So, what did you remember in your dreams?" asked Newt.
    "Gally and I were close, it was like we were joined at the hip close. At first I didn't believe it, but then, Gally came to me and told me that he had same memory of us when he was stung by the Griever." explained Hazel.