|12|

11.46PM, Arkham Asylum

Shouting could be heard throughout the hospital. It was late at night, so none of the doctors where there. The only people in the hospital were the criminals and guards. However it seemed that the guards weren't doing their job that well as many criminals were banging on their cell door. It was loud and it echoed across the quiet hallways, causing people to begin to get frustrated.

"Shut up!" Yelled one criminal.
"Stop the fucking banging!" Called out another.
This caused the guards to finally make their way to the prisoners' cells and tell them to knock it off.

"Right, if you don't stop this I'm going to have to use force. And we both don't want me to use force." The guard said monotone.
The prisoner laughed.
"We don't? Oh come on princess, try and hurt me."
A chorus of yells came from the criminals once they heard this, exited to see a fight go down between these two.
The guard scoffed and unlocked the prisoner's door, opening it. He was immediately tackled to the floor into a choke hold. The other criminals yelled out of their cells and peeked out the tiny gap in the door, trying to get a better view.

"Get him!"
"Kill him, Joshua!"
"Go on kill him!"
"Joshua strangle him, yeah? That motherfucker kicked me the other day."
"Joshua!"
"Grab his throat!"
"I see the light passing through his eyes, look!"
"He killed him!"
"Killed the fucking guard!"
"Yeah!"
"Joshua!"
"Oi let us out, won't you Joshy boy?"

Laughter and yelling echoed around the hospital as every prisoner was let out. More guards did show up, but they were quickly killed as more prisoners jumped them. Soon this lot of criminals moved into another hallway and opened those cells. A sea of orange sweatshirts slivered through the halls searching for the exit where they could all be free.

Dream had woken up from his sleep by the sound of yelling outside his cell. He opened one eye to see a brunette with broad shoulders opening his door.
"C'mon dude, we're escaping."
"Escaping?"
"Yeah, some guy strangled one of the guards and got the keys so now we're letting everyone free."
He walked over too Dream's cage door and unlocked it, letting the blond walk out. Dream sighed and ran out towards a block of stairs leading outside.

Dream knew that he needed to run fast and far away from the hospital, since the police would definitely be there once they realised 200 or so criminals had escaped the safety hospital. He made his way too a side gate we're not so many people had decided to escape that way. Jumping onto a metal trash can he grabbed the edge of the fence and pushed himself over it. Once he landed he sprinted off into the distance far away from the police sirens and shouting criminals.

He ditched his orange sweatshirt in a dumpster shoot and made his way to a small 24/7 mall. Walking in the cold air hit his face and caused him to smile. He was free. Of course, with an escape like that every criminal was probably going to be tracked by security cameras. Once he made his way to some shop he picked up a white tank top and dark red suit pants. On the way towards a changing room he snatched a few coins from a counter.
Once he was dressed, he sprinted towards the exit dodging past a security guard trying to grab him.

He was officially a long way away from the hospital.
As Dream looked for a phone boot to make a call he thought about a plan. The police would be on his tail within a few hours, so he had to act fast. First, he needed to call a friend of his to come pick him up, then they would discuss business. Aka, Dream's real escape plan since this was not any fun and he was probably being watched at this second. He would ask his friend to meet with someone on Wednesday night and to have a getaway vehicle and his crew ready for Thursday at the hospital. Then he would properly escape. It was no use hiding from the police for days on end when he was being looked for, plus he head some business to take care of back at the hospital.

Dream was still thinking about his plan when he passed a phone booth. Slipping inside he put in some coins and dialled a number. The phone began to ring and after a few minutes it picked up.
"What?" Came a tired and cranky voice from the other line.
"Good to speak with you as well Sapnap."
"Dream!" Sapnap shouted through the phone.
"Not so loud Sap, and yes I'm out. Just not for long. I need you to pick me up somewhere in town, street name is Howick Close.
Yeah,
Yeah.
I'll see you later then."

Dream turned off the phone and looked across the deserted street. Street lamps flickering in the distance his only source of light, as there were no shops open at this time. He closed his eyes and thought for a moment, before smirking.

"I'm going to kill you Sebastian. I'll watch the blood poor out your skull." He began to laugh wickedly as the darkness folded around him.

———————

Word count: 957