|31|

9.00AM, The L'manberg News

On a podium stood president Eret. He was addressing a crowd of paparazzi that stood before him as they awaited for their president to speak.

Eret cleared his throat before speaking.

"Good morning citizens of L'manberg. Today I will be announcing a few more laws to the city that me and my fellow politicians all agree will be vital to this city's development.

I have always seen the amount of crime within the city, it is a very big problem especially within the less developed areas of our great city. The mafia and gang related crime being one of our biggest struggles. I understand that many people feel afraid to leave their houses in fear of meeting with a wanted criminal. I understand that feeling of being afraid.

As many of you remember, a few weeks ago we had a massive situation regarding Arkham Asylum. Numerous criminals escaped and caused great terror within our city; but now, thanks to our amazing police force, those criminals have all been sent to back to Arkham and have all received a longer sentence.

Me and my team value your safety and security, it is one of our biggest priorities as leaders of this great city. So, we have created a few new laws to keep peace within our community.

Firstly, all guns, knifes, explosives or any other kind of weapon are forbidden in L'manberg. After this point on if you do buy or own one of these weapons without registering it at The Pogtopia Building you will be charged with carrying an illegal weapon. Police and those in the army are not obligated to follow this rule.

Secondly, poorer areas in L'manberg will have constant police supervision. Any big groups will be broken up by an officer to keep your area as safe as possible. Police can also arrest suspicious looking individuals and are allowed to question those suspicious people.

Next, if a police officer suspects you of being part of a gang or any antigovernment groups they have permission to search your home under any circumstances. You cannot resist and will be arrest if you do so.

Finally, we will be raising the taxes by 25% to help fund the police force and the government. We expect this to be given monthly and if you cannot or you refuse to do so a police officer will be at your door to arrest you. This law was necessary as we need more police officers to patrol the streets and keep you safe. This is absolutely mandatory for everyone, apart from those who are police or are in the army.

Thank you for listening to me and I hope you have a lovely day. This concludes my speech."

-----
Word count: 461