|33|

5.51PM, The town square

This afternoon was sunny with only a few white puffs flouting in the sky, but it was freezing nonetheless. Today the town square was just as it always was, bustling with life and excitement.

Around the square were a few small groups of protesters that had gathered to protest the against new laws President Eret had made. It was nothing big, just a few people carrying signs and chanting about their rights.

The police had shown up a few times but after realising that these people weren't going to do anything to harm the public, they laid back and just watched in the side lines.

George was hiding in a car with the rest of the gang, waiting for the moment to strike. Karl was the only one who wasn't there, he instead was in some random library in font of a computer. His job was to meddle with the police officer's communicators and stop them from talking to the head officer or receiving any orders.

Techno and his gang were all over the town square. Some were dressed as common folk in cafés or sitting next to the fountain in the centre of the square. Others hid as snipers in the tall buildings ready to shoot at glass windows, to cause chaos of course, or to shoot at police. A few others were just waiting in cars, watching for the signal.

At last it turned 6pm and Technoblade gave the signal for the riot to begin. He stepped up to the fountain's rim and raised his gun, shooting the air a few times to get everyone's attention. Immediately a few people screamed and tried to run, but then the people in cars jumped out their vehicles and held guns up to those trying to escape. Techno gave his gun to Philza, who had somehow just appeared next to Techno, before bringing out a megaphone.

"Citizens of L'manberg, I am Technoblade. The leader of The BloodGods. I am not here to cause harm to anyone, my only request is to speak with President Eret and the rest of the people in charge. If not, I will have to resort to violence, do you understand?" Techno spoke with aggression, as if he was ready to pounce upon all of the people in the square at any moment.

There was silence for a few seconds before someone began to laugh. Techno whipped round to see a middle aged women laughing at him. Techno wasted no time in pulling out his gun and shooting her dead between the eyes. A few more screams erupted before a few officers finally stood up and walked over to Techno.

"Listen here kid, we can arrest you for this." One of them said while smirking. "You can get this on your record you know." They probably thought this was a stupid stunt that a bunch of teenagers were playing and not the actual mafia.

Techno held back his laughter before shooting the air once again. This was the signal for the snipers to start shooting the glass windows around the town square.

People screamed in fear and ducked down to the floor to get away from the glass shards that were raining from above. The two police officers tried to shoot Techno, but one of the snipers took them out before they could even pull out their guns.

Bullet shells fell to the ground, causing a clinking noise to mix with the sound of guns firing. There were people were crying, a few calling loved ones to say their final goodbyes, while many just watched in silence.

Techno raised his hand and the bullets stopped.
"Take me to president Eret now, or would you like me to resort to even more horrifying measures?" He wasn't really speaking to anyone in particular, but every took this warning with complete seriousness.

A few whimpers or chocked sobs were the only thing anyone could hear. Techno looked around at the crowd forming around them and smirked. Since none of the government would take them seriously, perhaps these people would.

"People of L'manberg, let me ask you one thing. Do you like the new laws? Do they benefit you in any way?" Techno's deep voice echoed through the quiet town square, until one voice spoke up.

"No."

All heads turned to stare at a casual looking man in a red jumper. He looked surprised, as if he didn't mean to speak at all, but after a little bit he gained a bit of confidence and spoke louder.

"No, the laws don't benefit me at all. I'm struggling as is with normal taxes and bills, with this new law I'd be in dept by the end of the month. Not to mention the fact my house gets raided almost everyday just because I'm black. It's obvious that the police and government need to be stopped, so I'm in."

Techno smiled and laughed. "There's an anarchist in the making!"

A few more people nodded in agreement, others started cheering as a way to hype up the crowd and get them ready for a riot.

George stepped out of the car and and walked over to the trunk, where the weapons were located. He handed one to Dream before grabbing one himself and heading over to a near by clothing store.

He peered into the displays and it wasn't long before he noticed an item that caught his eye. A white and gold mini bag was placed delicately on a stool. George raised his bat and struck the glass with all his force. The window shattered instantly with small bits of the transparent glass falling next to George's feet in patterns. Once the glass had finished falling, George reached forwards and grabbed the bag off the stool, holding it by the gold chain strap. He laughed before skipping his way back to the car to place his new accessory safely away from anyone else.

Screams and chaotic chants filled the town square as more and more people gathered to join the ever growing crowd of people heading towards the Pogtopia building. Techno had somehow disappeared away from the crowed with Philza, most likely to not get arrested for starting a riot, or perhaps he just wanted to watch the chaos he created unfold from a higher place.

George followed the crowd onto the street were they stopped traffic and overtook people on the sidewalk. A line of police officers were waiting at the end of the street with guns ready, but unfortunately for them they couldn't hear anything their commanding officer was telling them.

Shoot, don't shoot. Fall back and push forwards. It all just confused the already scared officers. One of the officers had enough with all of the confusing commands and fired his gun. It shot a man in the chest who was marching ahead of everyone else and chanting the phrase "Change the laws!"
The man doubled over from the pain and a few people rushed to help him up. The crowd screamed before charging towards the line of officers and pushed them all to the ground, carefully manoeuvring around the fallen man and the group that surrounded him.

The crowd continued marching towards the Pogtopia building with fire in their eyes, no one could stop them now. A few passerby's got pushed over and trampled on but the group of about 350 people continued racing towards the President's workplace.

George swung his bat around and accidentally hit a shop window, shattering it instantly. A few people around him cheered and began smashing more shops, a few even running in and breaking the cash registers or pushing the isles to the ground.

All in all, this entire experience was incredibly chaotic, and was exactly what they wanted to happen. Once they reached the Pogtopia building a few people jumped up onto the benches while others crowded around the entrance, all chanting the same phrase.

Dream had somehow managed to climb the statue in centre of the plaza and was holding a microphone while chanting those same words. "Change the laws!"
He obviously wore his smiley face mask and has a big group of people protecting him, some were Techno's men while others were just part of The Manhunts.

Paparazzi had gathered all around the plaza and were taking photo after photo of the crowd, most likely for tomorrow morning's newspaper. George smiled and chanted along to the crowd, enjoying this feeling of freedom.

———————
Word count: 1444
(Also, I'm going to be editing some past chapters so be aware if you get the notification that it's probably just me fixing spelling errors.)