|15|

10.45AM, Dream's room

By the next day, all the criminals had been safely returned to their cells. It took a long time, and a lot of money, but by the time George woke up the next morning it was perfectly safe for him to attend work. George didn't believe it though. He knew the police couldn't have caught that many people in 48 hours; it was just impossible. Karl had suggested that the government just wanted to reassure the public and to try not to cause to much chaos, but at the moment it wasn't really working.

George was sick of the government's stupid lies to try and keep the peace between the city and its many areas. Everyone knew the government only cared for those rich people who lived in the central area of L'manberg. Though it was pointless to try and get them to understand. All the government cared about was money. Money and power. Though nowadays that's all anybody wanted. It's the way the world worked, if your rich you win the game of life. Easy.
Call it monopoly if you wanted, it was the truth.

Now, George sat in the sound proof room again. He was waiting for Dream to arrive so they could begin their session for the millionth time. George wasn't planning to confess to the criminal, but George didn't really know what to expect after Dream killed someone for him. Was Dream going to confess? Probably not. Sebastian's death might have nothing to do with George, but George just knew he was apart of this.

Dream walked into the room with his hands tied behind his back and a guard following closely behind him. Dream's face was glued to the floor but lifted once George coughed to let him know he was there. The guard strapped Dream into his chair before leaving.

At first neither of them spoke. The silence was breathtakingly loud. Dream shifted in his seat. George was glaring at the criminal through his eyelashes, his lips twisted into a disgusted frown.
"So," George said coldly, "Want to tell be about it?"
Dream smirked.

"Tell you about what, Georgie?"
George rolled his eyes. "Don't play dumb Dream. Tell me about what happened when you escaped, and don't leave out any details."
Dream sighed and rolled his head back against the chair.
"If you really want to know, I didn't plan it."
"I understood that part," George said, "They told me about it this morning, I saw you on the security cameras."
Dream's head rolled forward to look at George face to face.
Dream chuckled, "Did I look hot?"
Shocked at this, the doctor blushed. He tried covering his face with his arm, but failed. Dream began to laugh lightly.
"It was too dark to see you through the cameras."
George said stuttering.
Dream tilted his head slightly to the right.

"But," George whispered lightly. "From what I could see, your movements were very smooth and sharp. It was very exhilarating to watch you jump the fence with such style. It reminded me of when I used to do gymnastics back in high school."
"You used to do gymnastics?!" Dream asked obviously surprised that a small thing like George would be able to pull himself up onto a bar and do flips. "Doesn't that require a lot of upper body strength?"
George laughed loudly. "I said in high school! I couldn't possibly do any of the things I did back then, I would probably break a leg or something."
George giggled again, causing Dream to smile.

Once George calmed down he looked at his notes. His eyes widened for a second before turning into a glare. "So Dream, what did you do while you were outside?"
Dream smirked. "Well, I met up with some friends."
George rolled his eyes and stood up, making his way towards Dream slowly. "What did you do with your friends, Dreamy?"
George was now leaning on the desk directly in front of the criminal. His legs were crossed and he glared down at Dream in a serious way. Dream looked up at the criminal. George was in total control of the situation. It caused the air in the room to get thicker and their heart rates to increase slightly.

"Well Georgie, I had a little bit of fun. Me and my friends did the things we do best-"
"Is that 'thing' killing people?"
Dream paused, then he started laughing.
"You, George, you are so smart. How'd you work it out?"
George rolled his eyes and scoffed. "It was easy really."

"First, I realised that the man I hooked up with on Friday had mysteriously disappeared the same night you escaped the prison. I also remembered how you reacted when I told you I slept with someone, upset, angry, jealous even. Coincidence? I think not. I was so stupid for just describing you his most obvious features, of course it would be easy to spot him.

My assumption is that once you jumped the fence you headed over to the apartments near the prison. You either were disgusted out your mind from all the sewage problems going on there, or you knew the cops would find you easily, so you moved. You also took off your sweatshirt somewhere along that path towards the big mall because an officer found it laying in a pile of dog shit in an alleyway. Once you got to the mall you took off your mask and entered a clothing shop, you stole a white tank top and a pair of red suit pants. You grabbed the closest things to the changing rooms that were in your size so you could change quickly and leave. By the way, those red dress pants did not look good on you, at least that's what I saw from the security camera footage.

Next you stole a few bits of loose change and ran all the way to a phone booth. At 23.56 you made a phone call for your friend Nick Armstrong to pick you up. I know this because at 00.12 he came in a black jeep with the license plate number of *******,
I saw you though a shop camera. Then you both drove off. You probably spent the rest of that night searching for a long haired ginger who went to the Manhunt's club on Friday night, then you traced his ID to his apartment a kidnapped him. I don't know what you did with him after, though I assume you killed him.

I have also concluded that you are the owner of the Manhunt's club? I assumed this because you found his ID so quickly among the hundreds that went to the club that night, even though I gave you his first name it's still difficult to get that information. Which just means Nick Armstrong is a part of your little gang? It took a while but I also saw managed to find the security camera footage from six months ago when you opened the club. Nick's nickname is Sapnap, correct? And I assume Punz, Bad and Antfrost are nicknames for those guys as well."

George took a breath. He looked at Dream before laughing at the criminal's reaction. Dream's jaw was wide open while the rest of him was completely still. George walked over to Dream and closed Dream's mouth with his finger. He then seated himself down on the criminal's lap and placed his mouth near the criminal's ear.
"Was I correct Dreamy?" George whispered sensually into Dream's ear. The criminal tried to grab George, but he was stopped by the straps.
"How..how..how did you get that information?" Dream stuttered helplessly.
George laughed at Dream's silly speech.
"I have a friend who is amazing at hacking. Probably better than anyone in your stupid gang.
My question now is, why. Why'd you kill him Dream?"

George lifted his head so he was now facing Dream. He could feel the criminal's warm breath on his lips as he took a breath.
"Because I love you-"
"No you don't." Dream's confession was cut off by George speaking.
"You don't love me Dream. Was that some sad attempt to manipulate me or something?"
Dream sighed, now he was gaining control over the situation. "But I do love you George. I love you, so say it back to me."
"No Dream I won't say it, you don't love me. You just want to trick me."
"Am I George? Or do I actually care for you? Listen George, you may not see it but you could be a powerful person if you really tried. You have the skills and knowledge to be able to track me down without any hints. Sure, it might've been your friend but then again you put the dots together. You are incredible, so goddam unique. Not to mention you are gorgeous and share the same ideas about things. You and I are perfect for each other. Open your heart and let me show you."

Dream then connected their lips. Unlike their last kiss, this time it was much more gentle and careful. George could tell Dream was trying to make him comfortable, and it worked. George loved every second of that kiss, and maybe George believed that Dream might actually return his feelings towards the criminal.

————————

Word count: 1570