|40|

11.34AM, The Manhunt's Base

"Dream, we may have a problem." Punz walked briskly into the meeting room with a laptop in his hand. He put it in front of Dream on the table and began searching for some files.

"Punz I don't have time for any bullshit right now, okay? I'm trying to sort something with Sam." Dream had been in a sour mood since George left that night, yet he still wouldn't admit that he was in the wrong. He spent his evening and a majority of the morning locked in his room, he didn't want to talk to Sapnap or Ant and hear them yell at him for being and idiot. He was done with feeling regret, now he just continued with his work and blocked out anything that reminded him of George.

"Uhm Dream, this is probably going to affect your work if you don't fix it. Just look, please." Punz tried again and finally Dream looked at the screen. On the laptop was picture after picture of George and Karl walking with Quackity and some other random man. Dream's eyes widened when on another picture he saw them enter a bar, owned by Quackity, however the mysterious other man had left.
'He was probably one of Quackity's workers.' Dream thought when he spotted Quackity's duck logo on the sleeve of the man's shirt.

"Who the fuck is that?" Dream asked angrily once he spotted George slightly lean into the shoulder of the man in another picture. Punz stifled a laugh.
"That would be one of Quackity's workers."

"Yes I know that dipshit but why is he into George like that? Is he trying to hit on him?" Dream leaned forwards in his chair with both his hands knotted together in a tight fist. Punz smirked at Sapnap before answering.

"I'm not sure why George is leaning into him like that, perhaps he's drunk. But I do know that man is called Jeremiah and he's engaged to a lady named Anya, she's visited him at work a few times." Dream sighed, upset and tired, and put his head into hands and waited for Sapnap's hyena laughs to quiet down before he spoke again.

"So much for not wanting anything do do with George!" Sapnap teased and laughed louder.

Dream groaned.
"Saps right, I shouldn't care about George." His voice was muffled by his hands. "But maybe we should care about Karl, Quackity and him definitely look a little close here." Sapnap immediately shot out of his seat and marched over to were Dream and Punz where. He peered at the screen before groaning angrily and clenching his fists.

"I have a video as well." Punz said and clicked on a link where he was taken to a video. Pressing play he smirked and watched Sapnap, awaiting a reaction.

"What about pick up lines? You good at those Q?" George asked.
Quackity smirked and look at Karl.
"Hey Karl, do you work at Build-a-bear? Cause I wanna stuff you." Quackity snaked an arm around Karl's waist and pulled him close. The brunette blushed and hid his face in his hands as he laughed.
"Or or!" Quackity said between laughs. "If I were a balloon would you blow me?"
"I'd blow you even if you weren't a balloon." Karl said before bursting out laughing and blushing harder.
"Woah guys! Wait till your in a room, okay?" George teased as he laughed.

The rest of the video was just Karl and Quackity flustering each other while George acted like a third wheel. The other man just stayed silent and only occasionally chuckled at a joke or two.

Sapnap seemed to radiate fire. His eyes were glued to the screen and every time Quackity touched or flirted with Karl his fists clenched so tightly his knuckles would turn white. Not to mention his usually calm, jokey expression turned sour and was twisted into a foul scowl.

When the videos finally ended, Punz closed the laptop and looked at Dream and Sapnap for a reaction. Sapnap was obviously angry although he tried to hide it, Dream on the other hand seemed to be spaced out and sad.

Not taking his eyes off the spot were the laptop once was, he spoke. "I made such a terrible mistake." He sniffed and that's when Sapnap finally broke out of his trance and looked towards his friend.
"What do you mean, Dream?" Sapnap asked worried.
Dream sighed sadly. "I love him, I know I do. But I was so stupid to just leave him." He sniffed and Sapnap glanced over at Punz awkwardly.

"Why would I break up with him?" Dream questioned and held his head in his hands. "I took an innocent person and turned him into a killer. I thought that if I took George out of the mafia business he could live a normal life, but obviously that's not the case. What have I done?" He whimpered as he shook his head and tried not to let the tears in his eyes betray him.

Sapnap's hard gaze softened. "Dream, he was ready to become a killer. You saw him yourself, he trains better than I do and can kill a person like it's nothing. He was already crazy, you were just the spark that lit the match." He placed a hand onto Dream's shoulder and the blond flinched.
Punz scoffed. "Yeah, and that match lit an explosion." He muttered before walking out and taking his laptop with him.

Dream looked up after he gained a little composure.
"I guess... I guess we go after him." He declared and looked to Sapnap with a hand covering his mouth.
Sapnap paused, but answered. "Yeah, and we better get Karl too."
"Of course." Dream smiled slowly. "What would our gang be without those two?"

----
Word count: 974