|29|

9.30AM, The Pogtopia Building

The next day, a meeting was held with the most important people in all of L'manberg, or so they thought. This meeting was to discuss the events from last night, the fire and mass killing in The Big Innit Hotel.

"So." President Eret said once everyone was seated. "Can someone tell me what happened?"

Mayor Wilbur spoke up. "Well, you see Mr Eret there was a fire at the Big Innit hotel last night and a lot of people died. Lets say 150 give or take a few."

Eret sighed and looked over at a blond boy. "That was your hotel, wasn't it Tommy?"

"Actually Sir, I was the one who built it." Another voice spoke up; it was Jack Manifold.
"I funded and helped build the entire building."

"Well I helped fund the hotel and it was my idea so-"

"But I was the one who made all the decisions! Stop saying its your hotel Tommy!"

"But-"

"Thats enough both of you!" Wilbur shouted at both of them. "You can discuss this later, at the moment we need to focus on the fact the entire 27th, 26th and a majority of the 25th floors have all been burnt. We've had numerous complaints about the smoke from that incident, not too mention the traffic around that area-"

"But what about all the deaths?" Another voice erupted from the side; Tubbo, the former president's son. "So many important people died yesterday, we need to say something about that."

"Who cares about them? What really matters at this point is restoring my-"

"Our!" Tommy popped in.

"Our hotel." Jack finished with a sigh and put his head in his hands.

"What matters is our economy. We can't rebuild the hotel without money. Money that these dead people gave to us. Without a good flow of money we can't do anything!" Tubbo exclaimed.

"I understand your point Manifold, however Tubbo is right here. With all these deaths we need to address the public. They must be incredibly upset with everything thats happened last night."

They all heard a snort come from the other end of the room and someone mutter something inaudible.

"Care to repeat that, Ranboo?" Eret demanded with aggressiveness in his voice. Ranboo looked up, obviously shocked that someone had heard him and through gritted teeth replied.

"Nothing, sorry sir."

'It was obviously nothing if you felt the need to comment on it, so go ahead. Say it."

Ranboo took a deep breath before speaking. "Its just that I really doubt the people care at all about what happened. Apart from the city damage, nothing really interferes with their daily lives."

Everyone stared in amazement at Ranboo until Wilbur spoke up. "But what about Alister Bellavou? He hosted the party and was very important to the people, he had a loan business. Lots of people had loans with him."

"He was a loan shark, he threatened people for money and increased the actual amount they owned every few months. It was sick what he did to people-"

"Alister was a good man! He would never do that to anyone! Stop spreading rumors about people just because they managed to get a good job through hard work while you just had to befriend the ex mayors son." Wilbur shouted at Ranboo. No one had really seen Wilbur this mad towards Ranboo, or to anyone in this room.

"But Tommy was friends with Tubbo long before I was! Yet you only blame me for being friends with him-" Ranboo stuttered away but was interrupted by Wilbur yet again.

"Tommy worked hard to be in the position he's in now, and I'm not blaming you. Its just that you didn't work as hard as he did."

"We worked just as hard as each other! We studied at the same school-" But before Ranboo could finish a hand was raised to silence the argument.

"Thats enough Ranboo, thank you for that unnecessary comment but I think we've heard enough. Now, would you please leave this meeting before we have any more complications?" Eret snapped at Ranboo before glaring at the man.

Ranboo looked back astonished before grabbing his brief case and leaving.

"Now that he's left we can properly discuss what we should do. Jack, any news from the police about who this arsonist could be?" Eret asked before sipping on his coffee.

"No sir no leads yet, however we do know that it wasn't a simple arson act that happened last night. Mr and Mrs Bellavou were both thrown out of the window instead of being shot by the venom."

"Venom? What are you talking about?" Tommy asked curiously.

"Well the police department have managed to uncover a few bodys that haven't been burnt to a crisp, and we've found that there are traces of a venom or poison laced in the victims body. We don't know what it is yet but our top men are working on it."

Eret nodded. "Good, but why would someone inject venom into people if they were just going to barbecue the place?"

"We don't know sir but we think it might have something to do with their face afterwords. You see all of the victims had a big smile on their face when we had found them and all seemed to have died from suffocation, not the fire."

"But who would do that?" Tubbo asked wearily,

Eret looked at Wilbur who only hung his head in shame. "You said he was locked up."

"I did and he was! But.." Wilbur stuttered.

"But he escaped and pulled this stupid stunt!" Eret yelled at Wilbur while he just shrunk back in his seat.

Tubbo raised a hand. "Can I ask who we are talking about?" He questioned and looked between Wilbur and Eret.

"Dream." Wilbur whispered as if the word caused him physical harm.

Everyone was silent until Eret spoke up again. "When were you going to tell me that Dream had escaped?"

Wilbur was looking down at his hands the entire time he spoke. "Last meeting but we were too occupied with the street crime in the bad areas to talk about him..." Everyone was silent again until Eret sighed and put his head in his hands.

"Lets make some new laws."

———-
Word count: 1052