Fifty-Seven: Remembrance

"She Wolf" (Falling to Pieces) feat

"She Wolf" (Falling to Pieces) feat. Sia

By: David Guetta

&

"Into The Dark" By: Grace Gaustad

For half a second, everything was still. Then, I looked at Adam. The sight of the blood draining from his face made my stomach twist uncomfortably. I knew what had to be done, I just didn't know if I could do it. I'd known this boy and his brother since we were children, could I really kill him? Would I allow Camille to do it? I'd already killed one of my wolves, is this what it was coming down to? I turned inward, mentally shaking my head.

I mean, what did he expect?

He hadn't exactly thought this whole thing through.

The air sucked right out of me as my would be sister-in-law strolled right in. She stopped dead when she saw me, red magic wafting like smoke off of her body. Her eyes locked on Adam, who leveled the shotgun right at her chest with no hesitation. Her mind was so full of violent rage that I almost worried she was too out of control to save me. In a split second the gun that had been aimed at her chest exploded into a mirage of red sparks and splintered metal. His pack and the whip went flying, lost in the chaos.

Adam flew back and was struck across the head by one of the two barrels, falling to a heap, unconscious. I didn't make a sound. He'd chosen his path long ago, and therefore his punishment would be severe.

"Camille." I said when it was quiet again, wary as blood loss started to hit me. Spots swam behind my eyes, and I tried to drag the chains closer to her.

"Look at me."

She did, her blood red gaze taking me in. Her fangs poked over her bottom lip, and her nostrils flared hungrily at the scent of my blood. She closed her eyes for a long moment, swallowing hard. When she opened them again, I was relieved to see her gaze back to normal. Well, mostly. A flash of red streaked through her eyes as she rushed over and I shrank back, moving instinctively to cover myself.

She didn't pay any attention to my reaction or my nudity and crouched in front of me, her gentle fingers catching my chin and turning it to the side. Warmth poured from the deep gash on my cheek and I started to shake, feeling clammy and cold.

"S-something's w-wrong, h-h-he l-l-laced the whip with s-some sort of p-poision." My teeth chattered uncontrollably.

"Shh, just breathe. You're in shock, you need to conserve your energy." She worried her bottom lip through her teeth. "I need to get you out of these chains."