Thirty Three: Devil's Demise

Sleepless Nights By: Ayokay (feat

Sleepless Nights By: Ayokay (feat. Nightly)

"So Michael's body is here," I murmured to myself, indicating on the map, my finger drawing a path to what was once San Francisco but a hundred years ago. "And we are over here." I traced the line all the way up to the top left corner of Washington state, stopping a hairs breath away before the Canadian Border. I clucked my tongue in annoyance, lifting a bit off my weight off of the table to take the pressure off of my back. For three days I have leaned over this table, studying every pass, river, and section of woods separating us from Michigan, burning them into my brain. I had to know every possible outcome, every twist and then that could catch us by surprise if I were to lead the entirety of my pack through this forest. Rolling my neck, I sighed in frustration, unable to find a clear path.

Our mating ceremony had been put on hold for the time being, which was beyond irritating. I was ready to be hers for the rest of my immortal life and I could tell that she was as well. My lips twitched as I thought of the day that would bind me to my mate, almost unable to contain my excitement. She had no idea that I had the whole thing planned out. Not even our melded minds gave anything away.

"Can you swim?" A voice suddenly spoke from behind me, shaking me out of my thoughts.

I didn't look up as she stepped up beside me, her presence sparking a cold chill down my spine, her breath hot on the shell of my ear. It took a minute for the fog to pass enough to where I could coherently answer her question.

"Yes, why?" I eyed her questioningly.

"No reason, I just wanted an excuse to distract you." I tiled my head at the mischievous grin on her face, raising a brow as she approached. I held still as her arms wrapped around my waist, gently turning my body towards hers.

My breath caught at the look in her eyes, raw and powerful. After the death of the Colorado wolf, we'd spent more time together. I had needed her guidance and assurance that I had done the right thing, and frankly, I needed her. I took my time learning the entity within her and was starting to love her too, although I still didn't understand how it was possible or how this prophecy works. All of my thoughts drifted away as her mouth found mine, slow and addictive. I moaned as her tongue danced with mine, the taste of her never ceasing to enthrall me. Her fingers caught my hips and lifted me onto the war table, scattering documents and whatever else that was in her way. Lost in the taste of her, I wrapped my legs around her waist, groaning breathlessly when her hips connected with mine. Suddenly the kiss grew desperate, the hard press of her fangs inside her mouth achingly prominent.

I pulled away with a gasp, subconsciously turning my head to the side, feeling the weight of my crown shift with the sudden movement but not caring as she worked her luscious lips across my throat. My fingers trailed along the hem of her shirt to the button of her pants, feeling her muscles clench under my touch as I popped the fabric loose and slid inside. I bit my lip to hide the laugh as she practically tore my shirt off in her haste to feel my skin, while my fingers teased her smooth mound, intent on dipping inside of her. As her mouth wrapped around a taunt nipple, my amusement faded into something more animalistic and raw, my fingers slipping between her slick folds and then inside her, my whole being reveling in the passionate moans escaping her as her hips met my thrusts. My fingers stroked her long and slow, feeling her already close as her walls clenched.