Seven: Revenge

"It hurts me. It hurts me, knowing what I've done. And that pain-that pain is with me all the time. And every day I think that if I just...if I just give myself over to the blood, I can make that pain stop. It would be that easy. And every day I fight that. And I am so terrified that one day...I not going to want to fight that anymore more, Elena. And the next time I hurt somebody, it could be you."

-Stefan Salvatore (Vampire Diaries)

Alien By: Cary Brothers

&

Monsters By: Timeflies (feat. Katie Sky)

I ran through the eastern mountain range until I could not run any longer. The weather had soured into a ferocious snowstorm, and so had I. I ran until my body gave out from the pain of my injuries and the exhaustion of it all. I had finally gained a few hundred miles on her a while back, but I knew it wouldn't be long before she came to claim what was hers. At first I ran for my family, having recognized how close we were from camp. But then I ran for me, and I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't keep running from how I felt. If she was going to kill me, then I needed to scream at her and see her face when I described all the ways she ruined me, turned me into this angry, lonely monster. I wanted to look into her eyes as the life in mine faded, I wanted her to know that there was no escaping murdering me. I would be with her forever, always over her shoulder, a forever reminder of what she had done.

My paws ached and bled from the rocky and frozen terrain as I tentatively crossed the small stream to the snow covered bank on the other side, collapsing in exhaustion. My breaths came shallow and whimpers whistled through my nostrils. I sighed in defeat as the dark forest seemed to beckon me, to flee this world and go running through the forest with all the other lost souls and broken spirits. It was a tempting offer, but I wasn't quite there yet. I knew the second she appeared across the other side of the stream, my body having erupted into butterflies. I spasmed, releasing a single bark of pain as my wolf's body sloughed back into skin, having recognized that this would be our last time to be human. My breath steamed in the cool air as I curled into a ball, the tears on my face freezing to my cheeks. I could hear her sharp inhale of breath and I knew how cowardly I must look, how defenseless and weak I am with my scarred body and jutting ribs due to lack of food.

"I c-c-can't d-do t-this a-any m-m-more." I whispered, teeth chattering with cold, still facing away from her. My legs were starting to go numb with cold. "Y-you w-win. K-kill m-me o-or l-l-leave m-me h-here t-to d-d-die."

"No." Came a growl in response, slightly muted through her grit teeth. Against my better judgement and nudity, I tried to get up, nearly sobbing in pain as the frozen ground cut into my knees and the palms of my hands. "Enough. You're going to hurt yourself."

I couldn't help it, I laughed. Well, wheezed is more accurate. "W-why d-d-do y-you c-c-care?" My body collapsed, unable to cooperate in the devastating cold, but at least I was facing her. The trees cast shadows across her beautiful features, highlighting her cheekbones and dark eyes. I glanced away, unable to look at the woman who had caused me so much pain and heartache the last few months.

"You are mine." She hissed through her fangs, her fists clenched at her sides. "No one else's."

I laughed again, bitter. "H-how a-m I y-yours? You h-have a-a-already m-moved on."