Fifty-Nine: Ashes

"Body"

"Body"

By: Jordan Suaste

‼️TRIGGER WARNING: ASSAULT, CHOKING‼️

Be safe, my loves 💕

Emilee

I watched the rain slip through the cracks of the building I perched on, catching the little rays of sun that slipped through the droplets. My well-used staff was strapped securely to my back, and my pack full of previsions that would hopefully last me a few weeks. I set my jaw and watched the fading sun, tying my hair up into a high ponytail. Blowing out a breath, I tried not to think about how Azalea's anger at me for breaking away from the pack would inevitably come back to haunt me, and jumped down. I landed deftly on my feet, pausing when scuffling caught my eye. Heartbeat pounding, I slid my staff free of it's sheath, dropping the small pack I had with me, and stepped back into a defensive position. I nearly cracked Jacob's skull open when he rounded the corner, eyes widening and hands going up to cover his face. I missed his head by a few millimeters and cursed, glaring at him as I re-sheathed it.

"What the fuck Em!" He groused, lowering his arms, his eyes widening as he ran his gaze over my attire. A disappointed look came across his face.

"You're leaving?"

I crossed my arms. "Yeah. I have business to attend to." I kept my tone curt. To be honest, I didn't care for Jacob. He couldn't take a hint and wasn't someone I wanted to waste a goodbye on.

He looked angry at that. "What the hell? You're not even going to say goodbye? What about the pack? What about Azalea?"

His face fell. "What about me?"

I laughed. I couldn't help it, ice was in my blood. "What about you, Jacob? I don't know you. I've told you numerous times that I'm not interested in your advances and yet here you stand, pining after me. I would've thought you'd learned your lesson in The Pit, with Elizabeth. I sure as hell learned mine. Anyway, see ya."

I made to stride right by him when he snatched my arm, pulling me back and shoving me up against the wall. I growled, my mouth opening to tell him off, when he kissed me. I flailed, hitting any part of him I could, pushing against him and the feeling of his mouth on mine. He moaned as his tongue shoved its way into my mouth. Snarling, I bit down, relishing his outraged scream as he jerked away, missing a good sized chunk out of the top of his tongue. He spat out blood and backhanded me so hard I saw stars.