Monsters

When Steve walked out, I got back to work. I could feel myself growing more tired especially while staring at the screen so I placed my glasses back onto my face to try and avoid some of the harsh rays meeting my eyes directly.

"That's the guy my dad never shut up about? Wondering if they shouldn't have kept him on ice. Wow, you look cute in glasses doc." Tony flirted at the end making me roll my eyes with a smile.

He never stops.

"The guy's not wrong about Loki. He does have the jump on us." Bruce spoke up getting back onto the topic.
"What he's got is an ACME dynamite kit. It's gonna blow up in his face, and I'm gonna be there when it does." Tony smiled smugly making me frown.

As much as I'm growing to like Tony he sure does have an ego. He needs to be brought down a peg or two.

"And I'll read all about it." I smile sarcastically earning a chuckle from the two.
"Uh-huh. Or you'll be suiting up like the rest of us." Tony spoke.
"I don't think so. My lab coat is very comfy thank you very much." I reply turning back to my notes.
"It's a comfort blanket." Tony argued.
"I know my place. I'm here to help find the cube and sort out logistics. I don't fight, I'm not like my brother."

"But why does what your saying scream the opposite. Something tells me you are exactly like your brother, maybe even better. Hiding all the talent will get you no where." Tony told me.
"I don't fight." I replied in a small voice turning away and getting back to work.

I heard him sigh behind me before speaking up and talking to Bruce again.
"What about you Banner, will you be suiting up with us eventually?"
"Ah, see. I don't get a suit of armor. I'm exposed, like a nerve. It's a nightmare." Bruce said seriously making me frown.

Bruce didn't deserve what happens to him. I felt awful for him. If only there was a cure...

"You know, I've got a cluster of shrapnel, trying every second to crawl its way into my heart. This stops it. This little circle of light. It's part of me now, not just armor. It's a... terrible privilege." Tony explained making me turn away as I studied his arc shamelessly.

I saw a ghost of a smile dance upon his lips as he stepped closer to me.
"Impressive huh?" He asks me.
"Yeah. How did you make this?" I ask curiously, lifting my head to gaze at him.
"This. Spur of the moment. Maybe I can teach you sometime?" He offered while pointing to his head making me smile.

"Really?" I ask trying to hide my excitement.
"Yeah, I mean I already invited you and Banner to Stark Tower. Beside, maybe you might know more about it than me." As he mentioned Bruce I looked down. I was getting way to ahead of myself and started to blush of embarrassment thinking Tony would have just invited me to stay with him.

Get a grip Kira.
I just nodded and tried to force my thoughts out of my head.

"But you can control it." Bruce suddenly argued.
"Because I learned how." Tony argued back.
"It's different." Bruce mummers looking down making me walk over and place a hand on his shoulder in comfort. He gave me a smile in response.

Bruce then tries to read the computer screen but Tony slides the data aside with his finger so the two can see face-to-face.

"Hey, I've read all about your accident. That much gamma exposure should have killed you." Tony spoke making me nod in agreement. It's true, I studied Bruce's accident thoroughly when it first happened.

"So you're saying that the Hulk... the other guy... saved my life? That's nice. It's a nice sentiment. Saved it for what?"

"I guess we'll find out." I spoke after a moment of silence offering him another small smile before swiping his work back on screen and walking over to my own desk to sit down and wrote some progress.