Nightmares

When Pepper arrives at Tony's house she is greeted with like a 30 foot stuffed animal in the garden making me scoff. Tony said it was an excuse of a Christmas present, which did make me giggle.

He then had set up a hollow suit in the living room to try and avoid actually seeing and talking to her, while he controlled it from the garage. I already knew it wasn't going to work, as hardly anything gets past Pepper so I just sat from afar, eating and waiting for this event to unfold.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I was... What the...? What is that?!" Pepper asks. Her voice was on speaker down here so I just assumed she noticed the suit. I mean it would be pretty hard to miss.

"You're wearing this in the house now? What is that, like Mark 15?" She asks and I gaze over to Tony.

It was actually mark 42. I knew he had been struggling with his engineering and robotics at the moment and it was all down to him not sleeping. I had a big feeling it was due to his own anxiety and I made a note to bring it up tonight.

"Uh...yeah. Something like that. You know everybody needs a hobby." Tony says calmly making me roll my eyes.

What game was he playing?

"Oh, and you have to wear your hobby in the living room?" Pepper asks.

Tony moves his suit to walk toward her and stops it when it's just behind her.

"Just breakin' it in. You know, it's always a little pinchy in the gooey bag at first, so." Tony says as he shakes his ass making me let out a laugh. He turns slightly to smile back at me.

"Oh hey, did you see your Christmas present?" He asks.
"Yes, I did. I...I don't know how I could have missed that Christmas present. Is it gonna fit through my door?" She asks him.

"Well actually, uh...it's a good question. I'll get a team of guys to come tomorrow, they'll blow out a wall for you." Tony says making me bite my lip at his sarcasm. I don't think he was enjoying this conversation either.

"Okay." Pepper dismissed him.

"So, uh...tense? Good day?" He asks Pepper and makes his suit start massaging her shoulders. I dig my fingernails into my palms.

Obviously, jealous in the fact that he was giving his upmost divided attention to her. I felt like an idiot.

"Ooh shoulders, a little knotty. I don't wanna harp on this, but did you like the custom rabbit?"
"Did I like it?" Pepper asks with a sarcy tone of her own.

"Nailed it, right?" Tony continues.
"Wow. I appreciate the thought very much." Pepper says standing.

"So why don't you lift up that face mask and I'll give you a kiss?" Pepper flirts making me whip my head up.

Tony immediately turns to me with a "help me" look as he mouths "abort." Over and over again. This settles me slightly and I chuckle lowly.

Tony just knocks the metal helmet on his suit's head.
"Huh. Yup, dammit. No can do. You wanna just kiss it on the..." Tony trails off not knowing what to say.

It was funny seeing him flustered.

"Uh-huh." Pepper whispers curiously.

"The facial slit?" Tony ends, cringing at his own choice of words.

"Well, why don't I run down to the garage and see if I can't find a crowbar to shimmy that thing open?" Pepper offers making us both panic.

"Crowbar. Yeah." Tony agrees but suddenly I hear footsteps and I realise Pepper has started walking towards Tony's lab.