Mind Games

Once Harley was back tucked up in bed he peeled his eyes open to look up at me.

"Mummy, am I going to be safe here?" He mummers.
"Of course you are. I know tonight was scary. It was scary for me too but unfortunately that's the world we live in today. I'm not going to keep it from you or sugarcoat it because it's true. There are some bad people in this world that want no good. It's up to us to protect the people and stop that from happening. Maybe one day, it could be your job too. I love you, everybody in that lab does and long as we live, I won't let anybody hurt you. Ok?" I tell Harley.

"Ok mum. I love you." He smiles tiredly.
"I love you too. I'll be right here when you wake up, get some rest." I whisper before bringing the covers up to his chin and kissing him softly on the forehead.
"Love you to the moon and back." He smiles as his eyes shut.
"Love you to the moon and back." I smile back as I stand up and turn off his nightlight allowing him to sleep.

I quickly change into some grey track bottoms and a white crop top to allow me to be comfy while researching for any clues to where Ultron has gone.

On my way back down to the lab I notice Tony in his office. The door was open but I still knocked as he looked immersed in his work. He gazes up as he hears the sound.

"Hey, can I come in?" I ask.
"Doors open." He says bluntly.

I sigh under my breath and walk over to him. He still refuses to look at me as his face is glued to his iPad screen.

"Tony." I start.
"Hmm." Is his only reply.
"This isn't your fault." I tell him making him place his iPad down and finally turn to me.

"Are you about that? Because everyone in that room thinks differently." He argues, raising his voice.
"Tony everyone is tired and frustrated. We lost the sceptre again but mostly they're just hurt that we kept this from them which I'm sure you can understand." I explain calmly.

He sighs and places his head in his hands before collapsing onto the desk.
"I've worked so hard to be a better person. I created all this, the team, I want to be better K. For our son, for you." Tony rants.

"You already are. You're too hard on yourself. Tony you've done so much for this world. You had all the right intentions with Ultron and the team knows that. It's kind of why it makes it all the more frustrating." I try to joke but he just lifts his head up to look at me.

"I'm sorry." He tells me.
"It's ok. I forgive you." I reply as I wrap him into my arms and place my chin on his head as he leans into my chest.

We stay like that for a moment until I pull back.
"We should go help." I tell him.
He nods in agreement and pulls me slightly down to his level to leave a sweet peck on my lips before we stand up and walk to the labs hand in hand.

Once down there we get to work reading through anything we had left in the tower that could give us a lead.
"Known associates. Well, Strucker had a lot of friends." Steve tells us.

"Well, these people are all horrible." Bruce states, reading through their notes.

"Wait. I know that guy." Tony exclaims pointing to the file Bruce was holding. He offers it to Tony and he takes it, reading up on it.
"Who is he?" I ask glancing over his shoulder.
"From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms. There are conventions, alright? You meet people, I didn't sell him anything. He was talking about finding something new, a game changer, it was all very "Ahab."" Tony informs us.

"What's this?" Thor points to a scar on the back of Klaue's neck.
"Uh, it's a tattoo. I don't think he had it..." Tony drifts off unsurely.

"No, those are tattoos, this is a brand." I point out the difference in the picture.