Getting Closer

While Steve and I are waiting side by side we hear footsteps just down below us. We hide slightly and see it's some of Loki's mind entranced men. They walk just below us clad in guns and weapons ready to attack. I take my pistol out my pocket and cock it, getting ready to fight. Steve makes a split decision and holds his hand out for me to wait where I am and jumps to the other railing. The men throw grenades and begin to shoot in our directions so Steve jumps down and kicks the first one in the face. When he falls Steve kicks the other man's gun out his arms then throws the gun back to his face making him fall backwards. The gun drops to the ground and Steve fights off the last one with hand to hand combat before throwing him off the side. He was very skilled, especially when he had been asleep for nearly 70 years. A few more then enter, already firing. I grab the fallen gun from before and throw it towards them making them duck behind a wall giving Steve time. Steve then jumps up back to me and I fire at them making sure we are both still right by the lever ready for Tony's command.

I continuously shoot at Barton's men trying to hold them off. However, when blinking at the wrong moment, Steve and I begin to lose the upper hand and Steve walks backwards behind me and ends up sliding off the railing. Luckily he grabs onto a loose cable keeping him aboard.

"STEVE!" I shout as I throw myself onto the floor and hold my hand out to the soldier. I completely ignored the fact the floor I was lying on was breaking beneath me.

"Cap, I need the lever!" Suddenly orders.
"We need a minute here!" I shout into coms still reaching out to Steve.

"Lever. Now!" Tony replies.

Just then the wind blows in our favour and my fingers graze Steve's gloves ones. I grip firmly onto his hand as he does with me and I pull him completely back onto the platform as I shuffle backwards to make room for him. I groan out as we roll safely back on the ship.

Loki's men open fire once more as I crawl over to where I'm just under the lever. I just manage to dodge the bullets as I reach up and pull the lever all the way down. We did it. I just manage to sigh out a breath and then Steve and I pull ourselves up from the ground to stand.

Tony's suit heavily damaged, hardly keeping him up, heads for Steve and I. Loki's men turn their aim to Tony but they get tackled into the wall. Tony rolls over, clearly tired while Steve lets out a sigh of relief.

"Sir, we've lost all power in Engine 1." I hear and agent say over coms.

"It's Barton. He took out our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?" Nick asks desperately.

Still shaken by hanging over the edge of the ship, I stand up straighter and pull my hair back into a slick high pony tail. I remove my lab coat letting it hit the floor leaving me in just my sports leggings and a thin black tank top. I cock my pistol again and put my knives in my belt before touching my earpiece.

"This is Dr Barton. I copy." I reply cooley before walking off into the direction Clint was.

Nor Tony or Steve stopped me, to busy staring after me.

Once I am at detention level I see my brother Clint walking alone down the catwalk. I walk silently directly up behind him. In a lightning fast move, he nocks an arrow and points it directly at me. I grab it and point it down causing a hand-to-hand fight ensues between us. Brother and sister.

I kick him directly in the chest causing him to fall backwards giving me enough time to jump under the platform and back around the other way. I crawl my way around Clint, making him drop his bow as he is distracted but then he pulls out a knife.