Tony Stark

A few months had gone by since the attack on New York. My life hadn't been the same since. I mean yes, I never had a normal life prior to the Avengers. My brother was an agent and our entire family was off grid and kept off files. I was a full time surgical working doctor. But things still seemed to have changed.

I get a lot more noticed. Wherever I go. After the news and some videos came out of the Avengers and I saving New York from Loki, I was always recognised.

I couldn't even go to the grocery store anymore without being asked for a picture. Being the nice human being I was, I never said no. But sometimes you would get creeps and with my social anxiety that never worked out well.

It was now December and only a few weeks away till Christmas. I hadn't even given the holiday a second thought. I never really celebrate Christmas. I love my family and always stop by on the day and Christmas Eve but it was usually my busiest time of the year and I'd be lucky if I get a couple hours off on Christmas. My work had also changed too. I found it hard going back to being a doctor. Some people would fawn over me and injure themselves purposely to get my attention or be treated by me. Others didn't take me seriously. It thoroughly annoyed me.

I had also, been working very closely with Bruce and Tony. Tony and I had become even closer but still strictly friends, although there was a lot of flirting behind closed doors. He offered for me to move into Stark Tower but I enjoy the comfort my own small apartment gave me so I kindly declined.

Clint and Nat both knew something was going on between the two of us and although Nat was all for it, Clint didn't like it so much. All he would go on about is how Tony is nearly 10 years older than me. So what? I like a mature man...well, actually never mind. Tony may be older than me but he is not more mature.

I hadn't seen much of Tony the passed few weeks, with me being so busy, which was a shame because the last time I was with him I had successfully created my own arc. Tony was so impressed by it he asked me to make him his own specific model to actually wear!

I got home tonight from a long tiresome day and was already ready, to call it a night. I dropped my bags at my front door and rushed into my bedroom to get changed into comfy pyjamas. I decided to make a cup of tea and some toast for supper to line my stomach before I slept so while I cooked my simple meal, I turned on my Tv.

It went straight to the news channel as that was all I really had time to watch nowadays. It was just mundane stuff until an emergency broadcast came on making me stop what I was doing and walk fully into my lounge.

What had happened so suddenly at 11pm?

The screen flashed to a video and text labeled the Mandarin.

"Some people call me a terrorist, I consider myself a teacher. America, ready for another lesson. In 1864 in Sand Creek Colorado the U.S. military waited till the friendly Cheyenne braves all gone hunting, waited to attack and slaughter their families left behind, and claim their land. Thirty-nine hours ago the Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait was attacked. I...I...I did that. A quaint military church filled with wives and children, of course. The soldiers were out on maneuvers, the braves were away. President Ellis, you continue to resist my attempts to educate you, sir. And now, you've missed me again. You know who I am, you don't know where I am, and you'll never see me coming." The deep, grim voice speaking made shivers run down my spine.

What did this man want? Obviously some sort of domination but why now?

As the footage ends, the TV channels change and all the news channels are talking about this Mandarin. Soon President Ellis comes in to speak about the attacks.

"Central to my Administration's response to this terrorist event, is a newly minted resource. I know him as Colonel James Rhodes, the American people will soon know him as the Iron Patriot."