Forever kind of family

That night Tony and I arrived back at the Tower. Exhausted, along with the others. They all headed straight for bed but Tony and I on the other hand waited as running footsteps made their way into the living room.

"MOM! DAD!" Harley threw himself on me as I sank to my knees. I silently cried into his jacket.

He was ok. Not a cut on him. He wasn't burning. Tony knelt next to us and pulled us both into a group hug. I got over my fear. He's ok.

"I missed you so much." Harley sighed, not moving from our embrace.
"We missed you more kiddo." Tony kissed on top of his head.
"I love you baby." I whisper.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before agreeing to get changed. We let Harley sleep with us that night and I had never felt so content squished next to my two boys.

The next day Tony was in his lab and I joined him. He was transferring all his backup to his new AI FRIDAY.

He sensed my presence but didn't turn around however, he did stop what he was doing. Knowing I wanted to talk to him.

"Any thoughts to what we spoke about at your brothers?" Tony asked me as I walked up to him. Massaging his shoulders.
"Yes." I reply making him spin around in his chair.
"Go on." He encourages.
"I want to keep them. Yes everyday I have them I'm terrified. Scared of making a mistake, hurting someone or worse. Someone I care about. Even as a superhuman I'm not perfect and I never will be. No one ever will be, no matter how many modifications they make. I'm a doctor, I want to help people. As of yesterday I upgraded to an Avenger. I can't be one without these powers. They're who I am now. I have a lot to learn but I'm prepared and if I have you by my side, along with the others I'm sure I'll be fine." I tell him.

"You are remarkable. The others are just background characters, I'm the one who really helped you with all of this. I love you, so much. I'm so proud of you." Tony smiles genuinely at me and stands up to pull me in his arms as I laugh genuinely.
"I couldn't have done it without you. I love you too." I smile sweetly back.
"I know." He smirks.
"Shut up." I whisper as I pull his neck down to mine and capture his lips in a passionate kiss. His hands snake their way round my waist and squeeze making me gasp and his tongue explores my mouth.

We finally pull back for air and he turns me to the screen he had up.

"Our safe haven." He says and I smile at the monitor. Our new campus.

A couple of days later and Tony, Harley and I are pulling up to the new Avengers facility. We had been working on it for a few months and luckily it was now up, running and functional.

Laura had finally had her baby and I showed the boys the video she sent me in the car.
"When can I have a sibling?" Harley asks out of the blue from the back seat making Tony howl and me choke on air. I slap Tony's thigh.

"We'll put a pin in this moment and speak about it later." I smile making Harley smile in return and Tony laugh into his spare hand as I glare at him.

However, I smiled too, secretly looking out the window. Maybe one day. Maybe soon. I had what I wanted but Harley deserved to be a big brother I knew that much. He still saw his sister whenever he wanted to but he knew she had a life. Once upon a time he wanted that. She had her best chance and so did he.

I was showing Harley around when we arrived and once he had the whole tour we caught a glimpse of Thor leaving. Leaving Steve and Tony looking at the burnt patch of grass he left.

"THAT WAS SO COOL!" Harley yelled making me laugh.
Tony unlocked our car and we walked towards it as a family.

"I am gonna miss you both." Steve smiles at us.
"Even me?" Harley gaped.
"You the most." Steve smirked in reply. Harley looked up to Steve so bad.
"Well it's time for us to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of your brothers book. Build you a farm, hope nobody blows it up." Tony joked making me smile.
"The simple life." Steve agreed.
"You'll get there one day." I say sincerely.

Steve deserved the world. A part of me wishes he never went into ice and got the life he wanted with his Peggy but then selfishly I was glad he was here and my best friend.
"I don't know. Family, stability. The guy who wanted all of that went in the ice 75 years ago. I think someone else came out." Steve answers honestly.
"You alright?" I ask as I notice his daze.
"I'm home." Steve smiles before waving goodbye to us.

We soon drove off home. We needed some well earned family time.