Chaos

Ignoring the blue glare invading my vision I rubbed my temples as I listened in to the egos of these people rubbing off each other and at any moment, the shit will hit the fan.

"You speak of control, yet you court chaos." Thor's booming voice sounded.

"It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb." Bruce yelled.

"You need to step away." Nick's raised voice was heard.

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony smirked while wrapping his arm around Steve causing the soldier to go full defence mode and slap it off before squaring up to Tony. Chest to chest.

"You know damn well why! Back off!" Steve suddenly shouted causing me to step in between the two.

I don't really know what I was thinking being barely over five foot while these two were nearly six or above but hey, it was all a spur of the moment!

"Stop it!" I say in a firm voice causing the two to step back slightly.
"Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me." Tony carried on making me groan and Steve suddenly pulled me by my waist making me yelp as he put me behind him.

"Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?" Steve asked.
"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." Tony quickly replied with another smirk.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. Yeah, I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

"I think I would just cut the wire."
"Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero."

"A hero? Like you? Or like Barton over there? You're a lab rat, Rogers. Everything special about you came out of a bottle!" Tony spat bringing me back into this.

Steve puffs up his chest at Tony, who just stands there, unmoving.
"Put on the suit, let's go a few rounds."

Thor laughs at them while I get back in between the two using all my strength to push the super soldier away from Tony.

"Stop-" I spoke again but this time Tony just pushed me away as if I was a fly causing Steve to yell again.

"Don't you dare push her!"

Oh my God.

"You people are so petty... and tiny." Thor chuckles.

Tony rubs his head, moving away from Steve and not giving me a second look causing me to look quite hurt.

"Yeah, this is a team..." Bruce mumbled.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr.Banner back to his..." Nick started but got cut off.

"Where? You rented my room." Bruce chuckled sarcastically.

"The cell was just in case..." Nick argued but again was cut short by Bruce.

"In case you needed to kill me, but you can't! I know! I tried!"

That caused everyone to pause and look to Bruce.

It broke my heart.

But I knew how he felt.

I had never got that low. But I knew what depression can do, the toll it takes on you. Mentally and eventually physically. You feel like your drowning but you have nine lives so every time you run out of breath you have to feel that stabbing pain in your body over and over again until you eventually let go. I mean you could swim up but the journey up sometimes seemed harder than the easy way out. It was selfish. But sometimes people couldn't help it, especially without help.