Chitauri

The four of us rush out the jet and we soon arrive and find ourselves in the middle of a four-way street.

We all look up, completely out of our element. This is something I only saw in movies and read in books. This was insane, like an outer body experience. From both sides, Chitauri soldier cling off and attach themselves to the sides of the buildings, sliding down. Some crash into buildings and begin firing from their energy rifles at innocent people. Seeing this makes my heart ache but also my blood boil. I grabbed a throwing knife in one hand and loaded my pistol in the other. It was now or never.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asks Tony through his coms.

"I'm seeing, still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?" I hear Tony's voice in my ear.

"Banner?" I ask confused. I knew we needed Bruce here but it was never part of the plan for Bruce to fight and unleash the hulk. Besides, we had no idea where he was.

"Just keep me posted." Tony said before he it off his coms.

We run behind some upside taxis along the road and look up to see Loki taking his band down the street and firing in a chain of explosions. The explosions smash up cars and hurl them at people. Terrified people are running from Loki. I look over my shoulder to see him coming straight for us. Steve looks down the bridge and I follow his gaze.

"Those people need assistance down there." He yells.

Chitauri soldiers land near us and begin firing at us. Nat pulls both of her pistols from her belt and fires at them along with myself. I turn back to Steve.

"We got this. It's good. Go!" I yell.
"You think you can hold them off?" Steve asks my brother.

"Captain. It would be my genuine pleasure." Clint smiles as he loads his bow making me smile back.

Clint shoots an arrow into the creature's head, gaining a few seconds for Steve as he falls down the bridge, followed by an explosion. I take a deep breath and focus on my targets. Not missing one. Seeing Clint and Nat have the area covered I run down the road a little way to a bus full of people. From the windows, small children are held by their parents. Swallowing my emotions I pull them out to safety. I then run over to the jammed door and pry it open. People begin to run out.

When I know everyone is to safety, I run back to Nat and Clint.
"Kira you need to get to the tower." Clint yells over the noise as he continues to shoot.

"He's right Kira! You need to go!" Nat agrees after she sees my hesitation.
"Have you all got it covered?" I ask into my coms checking on the others.

"We're fine Kira now go!" Steve says into my ear.
With that I nod and make a run for the Tower. It was only 20 feet from me but it took me almost 10 minutes to get to the door because of all the Chitauri in my way.

I use hand to hand combat mostly, kicking them away from me and this allowed me to make deep wounds from using my knives close up.

I make it into the tower and open the door to the stairs. I take a deep breath and let my body catch up to all the work I just did. I swallow down some lactic acid and push myself to now run up the hundreds of stairs to reach the top of the tower.

Again this takes me a while but I finally get to the Avengers floor and asses the area. It is completely trashed with the glass windows all being smashed allowing me to walk outside. I do this with caution not wanting to be caught by a soldier or Loki himself. I'm not even sure he knew I was here. I didn't look like the fighting type.

"What's the story upstairs?" I suddenly hear Tony in my ear.

I creep outside and look upwards but I still can't get enough of a good view.