Chapter 4

As they walked to Kai's and Julian's finka, Julian and Leti started splitting up from the other two and started walking a bit ahead of them

As it was night and the sun obviously didn't give her warmth anymore, Amelia started to feel cold until she felt something warm and fluffy being placed over her shoulders.

When looking closer, she noticed it was a jacket and a look towards her walking partner had her figuring out it must have been his jacket.
'Yeah, obviously it was his, who else would be able to give you his jacket?', she thought.

"Thanks." She lightly blushed.

"You're welcome. You know your accent is pretty cute...Shit did I just say that out loud?"
Kai panicked.

She laughed lightly.
"You did. Thank you but I hate it. It's embarrassing."

"No, it's not. It's cute, really." He argued.

"Thanks." She spoke quietly, not being able to handle compliments.
"I hate compliments did you know that?"

"Well we only met like half an hour ago so I guess not. Why though?"

"I don't know. I just never know what to do when someone compliments me." She laughs.

"So like, your boyfriend tells you, that you're beautiful, what do you do?"

"Well firstly, I would probably be really awkward and weird." She laughed.
"And secondly, there is no boyfriend."

Ah, that was exactly what Kai wanted to get out of that question.

"What? No boyfriend? I would have guessed a pretty girl like you would never be on the market for too long."

"Well, my last one didn't end well so I wanted a little break from boy drama."

"If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean with 'it didn't end well'?"

"It's fine. Uh, well we wanted to do long distance because he got a job in a different country and after he had a break and came back I discovered that he didn't actually have a job there, he just wanted to live with his side hoe."

"Oh wow." Kai was speechless. At one time, because he couldn't think of one reason, why he would cheat on her. At another time, because he knew that if they would ever become something more than friends, he would have to live in a different country.

"You don't have to feel bad, because you live in a different country. And don't look at me like that. Your accent and your lack of italian knowledge is obvious. And I also know that you and your friend are footballers. My father watches."

"Oh, really? Who does he support?"

"AS Rome obvi."
They both laughed until they heard Leti say:
"We're here. This is it, right? Yeah, ok great."

"Do you maybe wanna stay a little?"

"We would love to but Miss Student over here", she pointed to Amelia,"has a lesson tomorrow and she has to get up early for that."

"You'll have to tell us about that the next time."

"The next time?"

"Uh yeah." Julian held his phone out with a new contact.

After they exchanged their numbers, the girls wanted to leave.

"Oh wait, your jacket-"

"Keep it. Looks better on you anyways." Kai winked at Amelia, making her force out a nervous chuckle and say bye, before turning around and going to Leti who was already waiting for her:
" 'Looks bette on you' huh?"

"Shut up."