Chapter 11

"Kai? You've been so quiet today

"Kai? You've been so quiet today. Are you alright?" Kai's teammate Timo Werner asked.

"What? Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." Kai mumbled.

"No you're not, bro." The british accent of Mason Mount came from behind them as he joined the conversation, also noticing Kais mood change.

"Just girl problems, I guess."

"With that Sophia-Girl?" Another fellow teammate, Ben Chilwell, joined in.

"No, well yes, but not directly. I found a girl on my vacation, in Rome. And now Sophia posted a picture, where I hug her from behind and I know that it was stupid to do that, but I didn't know that she was going to post it."

"And now that italian girl is mad at you?"

"She broke up with me!" Kai whined.

"Well, I know that you probably already know it, but you are stupid." Ben said.

"Yeah, I know."

"Kai? There's a girl waiting for you. She said she is your girlfriend." Thomas Tuchel came and send him in the direction, the girl was waiting in.

Kai's hopes of the girl being Amelia quickly vanished as he saw Sophia standing there.

"Hey Kai!" She said as she hugged him.

"Sophia, this is seriously so weird. You told him you're my girlfriend?? Why would you do that?"
He said as he shrugged her off.

"Because we are soulmates, Kai. When are you going to realize that?"

"You are crazy, that's what I'm realizing. You have to leave, this is going to far."

"But-" She was cut off as Kai called the security over, them walking her away, with her yelling after Kai.

"So I guess, not your girlfriend?" Tuchel said as Kai walked over to them again.

"Can we just finish this training? I have to call someone."

"Yeah, we were just about to finish up."

♡︎♡︎♡︎
As Kai sat in his car, he switched on the radio.

"And now, an a little older song, from last year. This is 'Angels Like You' by Miley Cyrus." The radio speaker said.

Kai felt the sadness wash over him, hearing those lyrics.
He realized that he had lost her, over some stupid misunderstanding.
And the game, this weekend prevented him from just flying to Rome.
Oh, how he hated his job sometimes.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"I heard what happened, almost everyone did." Victoria, the school friend of Amelia said, as she took out her head phone, wanting to listen to music as she talked to Amelia.

"Yeah, can we maybe not talk about it? It's kinda hard, you know?" Amelia said, wanting to forget it.

"Oh my god, yeah. Sorry. Do you wanna listen to some music?" Victoria held one part of the head phone out to Amelia.

"Yeah." She put it in her ear.

"This is such a nice song. I love it."

Amelia felt herself go numb after hearing the first strums of music.

'Angels Like You' was playing.

"Uh you know what? I really have to go."

"Ok. See you next week."

Amelia went to her car and drove home.
While trying to forget everything that she lined up with that song.