Chapter 18

It was the game against England

It was the game against England. Today, the decision on who will play in the quarterfinals is going to fall.

And Amelia was at Lea's, having flown out to Germany, to not be alone in Italy while watching the game.

The two girls had became best friends over the time. And since Leti didn't have a lot of time in Ibiza, Lea was kinda her best friend right now.

"The game's about to start, come on!" Lea laughed as Amelia still waited for their popcorn.

"I'm coming!" She yelled, as it was finally done and she jogged to the living room.

The game started and was not very exciting but also not that boring.

Then in the 75. minute Raheem Sterling scored the first goal, and only eleven minutes after, Harry Kane scored the second goal.
The game ended and the German National Team was out of the euros.

Amelia felt like crying as she saw the sadness in the teams faces, and as Kai did his interview, looking like he could cry, she felt the tears pool in her eyes.

Lea took her into her arms, as she also felt like crying, never have seen her brother that sad since the worldcup 2018.

When Kai came home the day after, he was taken in a hug by the two girls.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"You know I'm still proud of you, right?"
Amelia mumbled, as her head laid on Kai's chest.

"Really? I feel like I fucked it up pretty bad."
Kai felt like this was his fault, that if he played harder they would have been in the quarterfinals now.

"What? No. You were so good. And it isn't your fault. This is a team sport. Not a one man sport.
The english players weren't good too. They just had the luck to get the ball in the goal."

"You're really good at motivating someone, did you know that?"

"No, thank you." She smiled.
"But really, round of 18 is better than getting out in the group phase."

"It is. Let's just forget it and sleep."
Kai said as he was already drifting of to sleep.

"Good night baby. I love you."

"I love you too." He mumbled back.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"You don't have anything to do in the next weeks right? When's the next Chelsea game?"
Amelia asked, as the three sat at breakfast.

"Uh, on the first of August, I think. So, no I guess I have nothing to do. Why?"

"Would you want to come to my birthday, on the 17. of July? You can come too, Lea."
Amelia asked.

"Of course, we'll come."
Kai said after his sister nodded.

"It'll just be my parents, Leti maybe Julian and you guys. Just a small party."

"So I'll meet your parents?" Kai asked, feeling nervous even though it was still about three weeks.

"Yeah, but don't panick, their chill."

"Oh, ok."

"Yeah, Kai. You don't have to panick. It's gonna be alright." Lea teased him, as Amelia laughed.

"Ha ha, so funny, Lea."