Chapter 19

It was friday, the day before Amelia's birthday

As Amelia was preparing for her closest friends to come over, the doorball rang.

"I'll get it." She said to Leti, who came back from
Ibiza, just a week ago.

"Hi- Kai? Lea? What are you guys doing here? I thought you would come tomorrow." She stumbled around her words as she first hugged Kai and then his sister.

"We thought we would surprise you." Lea said as Amelia led them inside.

"Hey Leti." Kai said to the girl on the couch.

"Hi. I'm Leti." She introduced herself to Lea.

"Lea, nice to meet you."

They talked as Amelia continued preparing for the party to celebrate into her birthday.

"So, who's coming over tonight?"
Kai asked.

"Uh, well Leti, and another friend, Victoria and then two boys, Theo and Louis. And now you two. We're gonna grill."
Amelia answered.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

It was now minutes before twelve and the 6 people were a little bit drunk, only realizing it was one minute before twelve as Leti's alarm clock went off.

"Uhhh, let's get ready to count down."
Leti said, as everyone chuckled at her excitement.

"15 seconds."

They counted down and as the clock struck twelve they cheered and congratulated Amelia to being 21.

They partied long in the night and fell asleep at 3 a.m, on the balcony.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Don't be so nervous. They're gonna love you. I love you." Amelia reassured Kai, as he was panicking about meeting her parents.

"What if they think I'm stupid, because I'm a footballer? You're an architect, I'm nothing against you-"

"Hey, listen to me. Football is your passion. It's what you love. And architecture is the same for me, so if my parents think it's stupid of you to do what you love, then they are calling me stupid. It's gonna be alright."

The doorbell rang and Amelia went over too open it.

"You are so whipped for her, wow. My brother is a simp." Lea said as she leaned in the doorway, teasing her brother.

"Shut up,Lea." He laughed.

"Mamma, Papà. It's so nice to see you again."
They heard Amelia talk to her parents in italian.

"Oh my baby, you've grown so much. Look at her, what a beautiful 21 year old she is, Andréas."

"She is. Happy birthday, princess."

"Papà, I told you not to call me that anymore."
Amelia said, as they walked in the dining room, where Kai and Lea were waiting.

"Papà, Mamma. I want you to meet Kai, my boyfriend and his sister Lea."

"This is the boy you've been talking about? You have been right, cara mia (my dear), he is very handsome." Her mother said as she went over to the two siblings, and hugged each one.
"I'm Gianna, Amelia's mamma. She has told me so much about you."

"Mamma. Stop." Amelia went red.

"My names Andréas, you look familiar, where do I know you from."

"Uh, I'm a footballer, sir. For Chelsea. Kai Havertz." Kai said.

"Oh, yes of course. Why didn't you tell me you were dating a footballer, bella (beauty)?"
Her father asked, interested in the young man's life.

"Because, it doesn't matter if he's a footballer or not, papà. Let's just sit down and eat. I made your recipe,mamma."

They sat down and the dinner was filled with conversations between the Havertz Siblings and Amelia's father and mother.

The seemed just as interested in Lea, as they were in Kai, and Amelia was happy about that.

"Oh, would you look at the time. It's already night time." Gianna said, indicating that the older pair were now leaving.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Your parents are so nice."
Kai said, Amelia and him laying in her bed, Lea already sleeping in the guest room.

"I told you they would love you." Was the last thing she said as she drifted off to sleep.

Kai kissed her on her hair and whispered:
"I love you, Schatz (sweetheart)."