16. 𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙧 𝙥𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨

──────༺♡༻──────

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

The whole way back to mystic falls was spent silent while Klaus drove and I sat in the passenger seat. Rebekah had stayed in the back making sure Stefan stayed out or he was going to make a problem.

I didn't want to go back and cause more problems which is probably one of the reasons I stayed silent about Elena for so long because I didn't want to come back but something told me Klaus wasn't ready to leave the town behind yet.

I realized a lot of stuff after the summer. I realized that the revenge I was seeking with Stefan didn't actually work, it just made it worse between us.

"What's in that little mind of yours?" Klaus broke the silence and looked over to me. I just looked over at him then looked away silent. "I'm not mad if that's what you think"

"If you were I don't care I wouldn't have kept it from you if it wasn't for a good reason" I replied still looking out the window.

"I trust you Val, I know you do things with good intentions that's just who you are" he smiled while I felt his hand rest on mine that was sitting on my lap.

"Are you sure because I've been doing a whole bunch without good intentions..." I replied and turned to look at him.

"Don't tell me you've gone soft on me Val..." I just rolled my eyes at the insult and looked away feeling his grip tighten on my hand. "I'm sorry I know this has never been you"

"I helped you do what you needed to do I kept my promise but all this extra stuff I didn't sign up for it I'll help you but I can't keep doing stuff that will prevent me of getting my brothers back" I told him while I felt his hand leave mine

He was parking the truck and I just waited for him to tell me what to do.

"Catch up rebekah on who will be there and everything else and meet me at the highschool" he instructed before he left.

I stayed inside for a while dreading to even see everyone else there, especially Damon. He was probably the most upset at me and now that I had told Stefan about my secrets it was time to tell him too.

After pondering the thought of going to face everyone I just got out the truck and headed to the back opening the door to see Rebekah sitting down with Stefan on the floor.

"Finally I was thinking you left without me" rebekah smirked at the sight of me and got off the truck.

"Just dreading the thought of going, they're really annoying" I replied to her.

"I heard your conversation with nik" she brought up, making me pause. "I thought you had changed. I had to take a minute to think what was it that made the little harmless loving girl turn cold but you're still the same aren't you?"