30. 𝙗𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙄 𝙜𝙤

──────༺♡༻──────

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

I've spent all night looking for something to end Alaric. Klaus and I sat together and read every grimoire I owned but there was nothing. Whatever Esther did she did a good job on hiding it.

I had never felt such fear in my life like this than the time when Mikael had caught us in New Orleans. I remember being so scared not knowing how much we would experience especially in those times when I was so young and knew no better.

This time it was Esther and even if I was more experienced after all I had lived through since the night in New Orleans I still felt useless like nothing would be fixed. Something that was strange for us to feel with the Mikaelson's. I always felt safe. They always managed to get us out of any trouble but this was Esther.

She was easily outsmarting us all.

"There's nothing here Nik. I don't know how to reverse the spell!" I shout in frustration throwing the book across the room. I couldn't sit anymore. I was pacing around the room until I felt Klaus in front of me.

"We'll keep looking, love, just calm down" he puts his hands on my shoulder trying to comfort me. After the night we had he was trying to prevent one of my 'episodes'.

I tried to take a few deep breaths trying to calm down but I was still feeling the worst feeling not knowing what it was at all.

"I'm so scared" I finally broke, letting my tears fall. Something I hadn't done in so long. Usually I'm always the one fixing things but feeling the fear I felt now was something horrible I promised myself I would never feel.

"It's okay..." Klaus pulled me into a hug and I hugged back. I underestimated all the time I spent with Klaus for almost a century. It was only us two running and finding ways to survive.

With the things we went through together we eased up to each other. Klaus stopped being to me the mean man I was afraid of at times and instead became the person that was always there for me.

"Val..." Klaus pulled away and I was not ready for his next words. "If something does happen..."

"No don't say that" I shook my head trying to stop him.

"I have to because if something happens and we don't see each other again I can't live with the thought of never saying this..." I knew exactly what he was going to say. He had never said it before even if both of us thought about it we never brought it up or said it out loud.