35. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙜𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙛

──────༺♡༻──────

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

╰──────༺♡༻──────╯

I went back to the Gilbert house. I felt nothing but emptiness. I didn't know what to do. I had a solution to everything but this. There was nothing I could do. When I got back to Klaus all I did was sit down and cry. After a while he got me to calm down. My eyes hurt so much from crying I could barely keep them open. Eventually I fell asleep in Klaus' arms.

I knew he was sad too but he knew my hurt was worse than his. He hadn't even mentioned the fact he was trapped in the house until I asked why we were still there. He felt like it was torture for me to be in the same room as his burning corpse but I had no where to go. I didn't want to be alone. Eventually I tried taking it down but the spell I tried to do last night overwhelmed me.

We both were stuck. I was currently sitting on the couch while Klaus paced around. We didn't really talk to each other every time I tried to I would start to cry. My eyes were puffy and red. My face and clothes were stained in blood. Every once in a while I would let a sob out, making Klaus turn around to check on me.

I would just think of the possible ways I could've saved him. I should've gone with him to make sure he was going home. I could've taken the white oak away from him. Maybe if I didn't kill Elena that night they wouldn't even be looking for the cure. I was looking for someone to blame. But that was no use. It wouldn't get me anywhere.

I went over all the possible ways I could bring him back. But even with all my power it wouldn't be enough, it would take more to bring him back. It was crazy how one minute he was with me making plans and the next he was gone.

Tyler Lockwood had walked into the house. I didn't even have the energy to move my eyes over to see what he was here for.

"Good morning sunshine you look...." He stopped and his eyes met me. Klaus looked over to him with a glare. This makes Tyler look down and take a step back over to one of the couches. You could see the remorse on his face. I've never done anything bad to him. Instead I helped him. Even with his differences with Klaus, he knew I was never a threat. I was a friend.

A while later Caroline walks in to check on Tyler.

"You're still here? What are you doing?" Caroline questions walking over to the kitchen not even looking over to us.

"Gloating in silence" Tyler responds in a low voice pointing over to Klaus and I. Caroline didn't mind looking over, she knew all she would get was the sight of Klaus. Not knowing I was there.

"Fine. You can gloat and multitask. This place is a disaster. Starting with a horrific burnt corp..." Caroline turns over to look at me. "Val..I didn't know you were here..".