Chapter 1 - Prologue

Warnings: None (:
Third Person POV

Hello, my name is Stage, or Crackers. I don't know what many people refer to me as. (For all I know, some people might still use Sweets).

You may know me from many of my other stories. I am a very active Writer for Newsies on this app.
I've teamed up with multiple people on this app (who will all be tagged below) to write a story.

I am the main writer, but our wonderful editor is grace_aledia and PRIDE1028CACTUS , -StrawberryDino- , ac110807 , and pansexual_person6 helped with a lot of stuff as well, along with everyone else in this.

WNA Members: Thank you to all of you for answering my bazillion questions and not getting annoyed with me when I was panicking to try to make it perfect. (Some I went to more than others *cough cough* Cards. And actually, also Flames, and kinda Charades at points.)

I hope you enjoy this story and comments are ALWAYS welcome!

- Stage/the other members of the WNA

(Btw, (message from Stage) a good amount of the people in this book are also writers- mainly for Newsies- and I seriously recommend checking out their books. They're amazing :)

(The cover was made by the lovely -StrawberryDino- )

Updating

To try not to stress myself (Stage) out over this story, there are two days of the week that I will be posting.

Tuesday.

And...

Thursday.

( Yay! (: )

I am probably going to post one or two chapters per updating day, minus the first day where I'll post four cause I'm feeling nice (: lol.

More stuff from Stage -

A few things I find funny;

I like to get my chapters to 1000 words (at least) and a good amount of the intro chapters, along with others, will have under 1000 words, so I'm gonna have to deal lol and not be annoyed with myself.

I'm also gonna have to deal with the fact that not all of the chapters will have an even number of words lol. I like to have them all even, I don't know why tho.

Again, I put the number of words at the end of the chapter. If you see that on any of my books, it's 2 less than the actual number because I take off the '[blank] words'. I don't know why, but I do.

Lastly, this is the first book that I'm trying to have a song with every chapter that describes the chapter. (You may notice the one at the top of this chapter is 'The World is Upside Down' from Finding Neverland). I've never done it before and it's gonna be only Musicals, so yep. I'm trying lol

People

Stage - Elmer (Livesies) - meeeee

Cards - Albert (Livesies) - ac110807

Melody - Crutchie (Livesies) - grace_aledia

Sunny - JoJo (Livesies) - -disney-street-rat-

Prickly - Davey (Livesies) - PRIDE1028CACTUS

Paint - Race (Livesies) - LemonBean007

Flame - Jack (Livesies) - -StrawberryDino-

Skitts - Skittery (1992sies) - skitts_kiel

Ducky - Buttons (Livesies) - mayutheduckyking

Dreamer - Tommy boy (Livesies) - queenofnarnia1012

Quills - Mush (Livesies) -DaWoildIsYerErster-

Notes - Katherine (Livesies) - ChristineDaae2727

Charades - Spot (1992sies) - pansexual_person6

Berry - Kid Blink (1992sies) - BrittaLarson

Pronouns

Stage - She/her
Cards - He/They
Melody - She/Her
Sunny - She/Her
Prickly - They/Them
Paint - They/It (We do alternate)
Flame - He/Them
Skitts - They/Them
Ducky - They/She
Dreamer - She/Her
Quills - He/They
Notes - She/Her
Charades - They/He
Berry - She/Her

Ages (everyone is most likely aged up a bit)
Youngest to Oldest (may not be completely accurate, but it's how it'll work for the story)

JoJo/Sunny - 15
Elmer/Stage - 15
Tommy boy/Dreamer - 15
Race/Paint - 15
Albert/Cards - 16
Skittery/Skitts - 16
Mush/Quills - 16
Buttons/Ducky - 16
Blink/Berry - 16
Crutchie/Melody - 16
Davey/Prickly - 17
Katherine/Notes - 17
Jack/Flames - 17
Spot/Charades - 17

Description

This will be a Newsies AU where we all (in our respective areas, Modern AU, Covid time) find an item based on our selected Newsie (who we know nothing about) and we're transported back in time based on that Newsie.

We find help from someone and figure out that we're supposed to play that Newsie's role in the strike and figure out what we have to do to get back.

Excerpt (the one from the description except with actual details lol) -

Flames looked around the bathroom. "Where are we?" They asked, looking back at Paint.

Someone entered the room. "Manhattan, New York City, 1899." They answered.

"Okay, Stage," Paint started, turning to face them. "That's creepy. Don't do that." They told her.

Stage laughed to herself. "Sorry, Romeo did the dramatic entrance thing and I wanted to try it." She explained.

(A/N, when you fail at typing and continuously type 'she' wrong...)

Flames looked between the two Newsies. "Who's this?" They asked quietly.

"Hi!" Stage grinned. "I'm Stage!" She introduced herself, sticking her hand out for Flames to shake.

Flames shook her hand. "Flames."

Stage smiled. "So, you merged too?" She asked.

Paint facepalmed. "You have got to stop starting with "You merged too?"" They mocked Stage's high-pitched voice.

Excerpt Over -

Alright! I hope everyone enjoys the book!
- Stage

Thank you all again (especially the WNA members :)