Chapter 13 - Berry is Confused and Stage is Tired

Chapter 13 -  #Magic (with sparkles) Magic
Warnings: Slight panic attack and anxiety, but again, I don't think there's anything too bad.
A/N, I feel like this song is fitting for Stage in this chapter lol
Third Person POV

Flames took one look at who they knew- or thought- was Blink and realized what was happening.

"Race!" They shouted up the stairs, their eyes still fixated on the Newsie having what looked to be a panic attack. "7-3-6!"

Flames didn't wait for a response before heading over to the Newsie.

They were holding themself up by using a wall.

"Hey, hey," Flames started softly, standing next to them. "It's alright, it's okay."

The Newsie looked over at them, their eyes filled with tears and their hand over their chest as they tried to breathe.

"Can I touch you?" Flames whispered.

The Newsie gulped down a sob, nodding weakly.

Flames gently pulled them into a hug. "It's okay, breathe." They whispered.

After a few minutes, the Newsie had calmed down a bit.

Flames looked up when they heard feet running down the stairs.

Paint stood in the doorway, looking concerned.

Ducky and Stage were behind them, Ducky almost holding Stage up.

Stage looked like she was half asleep.

She had her flannel off and only her- very large and definitely not her size- undershirt on, along with pants, her hat that was thrown on lazily, her suspenders, which hung by the waistband of her pants at her sides, and socks.

Flames looked between them. "What happened to Stage?" They asked, slightly concerned.

"We had finally forced her to sleep, like ten minutes before you called." Ducky explained.

Flames nodded. "That's when you leave her asleep upstairs." They commented.

Ducky shrugged.

The new Newsie- or Mergsie, as Stage had begun to call them- looked around them confusedly, Flames' arms still around them. "Where am I?" They asked quietly.

"Manhattan, New York City, 1899." Stage answered groggily, her eyes struggling to stay open.

Flames looked at her. Well, I guess this is good if we want her to sleep.

Flames looked back at the Newsie, who seemed slightly shocked and slightly awed. "What's your name?" Flames asked.

"Berry." The Newsie- Berry- answered. "She/her."

Flames nodded, pointing to Stage. "That's Stage, she/her. Paint," they point to Paint. "They/it."

Paint waved.

"Ducky, they/she."

Ducky waved, a small smile on their face.

"And I'm Flames. They/them."

Berry nodded.

Stage had collapsed onto the floor at this point, curled herself into a ball, and fallen asleep again.

"Stage, you mood." Ducky commented as she stared down at Stage.

Stage's mouth was opened slightly, their short, floofy hair falling slightly in front of their face.

(A/N, I imagine if I had a short hair cut, one that is like Elmer's, because I'm merged with him, it'd be very floofy and soft like Micheal Demaski's Tommy boy and Ben Cook's Race, because my hair is floofy, wavy, and soft lol.)

"How'd I get here?" Berry asked, looking at Ducky and Paint. "Not that I'm complaining. I love history, but I'm slightly confused and kinda miss home." She stated.

Paint makes a rainbow with its hand. "✨Magic✨." They answered.

(A/N, if Race can insert sparkles into a conversation (book- Eliza Ham. Meets Newsies), Paint can, too.)

Berry stared at Paint. "Thanks for that." She responded dryly.

Paint laughed.

"Come on, let's sit." Flames gestured to the floor Stage had fallen asleep on.

Berry nodded, sitting down next to Flame. She looked at Stage, cringing slightly. "That cannot be comfortable." She muttered.

"She hasn't slept well." Flames said softly. "I mean, none of us really are good sleepers, nor do we care." They commented.

Paint nodded, pointing at their best friend as if to agree with this statement.

They weren't really feeling words today.

Berry nodded.

Ducky looked at Berry from across the little circle they had made. "Basically, we were all teleported here and merged with a Newsie." They explained.

Berry nodded. "I got that far." She chuckled.

Ducky chuckled as well.

"I'm merged with Jack." Flames pointed to themself. "He's the leader of the Manhattan Newsies." They explained.

Berry nodded.

"I'm merged with Buttons." Ducky explained. "He's a very interesting Newsie." They commented with a soft laugh.

Berry nodded again.

"I'm merged with Race." Paint informed her. "He's Jack's Second in Command." It explained.

Guess what Berry did.

*Over-Dramatic Theatre-kid Author Gasp*

She nodded!

"And Stage," Paint chuckled as they looked back down at the sleeping girl. "She's merged with the sunshine Newsie named Elmer. They're usually pretty bubbly, but right now, she's sleeping and I don't know where he is." It explained.

Berry nodded for the fourth time.

"Ain't not... a sunshine... News...ie,"  Stage mumbled tiredly, her eyes still closed as she rolled over, onto her other side. "Paint."

Paint rolled their eyes. "She's lying." They whispered to Berry.

Berry chuckled quietly, Flames also chuckling.

"And she's asleep again." Berry pointed out.

They heard a gasp come from the stairs.

Almost immediately, all of their heads snapped towards the stairs.

Except Stage's.

She's still sleeping.

In the doorway, at the bottom of the stairs, stood Skittery.

Fudge...

884 Words
There are a lot of silly Author-note thingys in this chapter lol.