Chapter 16 - Don't Touch 1899 Pennies... They Send You Back to 1899

Chapter 16 - Meet Quills (AKA -DaWoildIsYerErster- )
Warnings: Slight nerves
A/N, Quills said they trusted me and didn't read over the chapter, so I'm slightly nervous, but I hope everyone liked it lol
Third Person POV

Quills walked down an empty street in his neighborhood.

He was walking to school.

Bleh, school. It could either be terrible or great.

Same with friends; they could either be horrible or wonderful.

Quills continued to walk down the street, his hands gripping the straps of his backpack.

He had his headphones on and was listening to an assortment of musicals/his playlist of musicals, to put it in simpler words.

He was listening to 'Can't Trust a Man' from Tuck Everlasting at the moment.

Quills quite liked Tuck Everlasting.

It was a good musical.

They really liked 'Can't Trust a Man'- the one they were listening to at the moment- and 'Partner in Crime'.

That reminds me, I should read the book, Quills thought to himself.

Nodding, Quills made a mental note to do that sometime soon.

'Clowns, sir?' Quills thought to himself as he listened.

'Ugh, I hate them.'

Quills shuddered to himself. I hate clowns too.

They're horrifying and creepy and why do they need to existtttttttt????

After shaking the clown topic out of his mind, Quills continued listening to the song.

'With a bad handshake!'

Quills looked down at his hand. Do I have a bad handshake?

Something shiny on the ground distracted Quills from his question.

Quills' eyes lit up when he saw what it was. A penny!Maybe it's one of the ones I've been trying to find!

Quills stopped himself. Eh... why would there even be a New York 1899 penny in the middle of a street in Australia? That seems impossible.

Quills collected pennies. He had a Australian half-penny from 1919 and he had been trying to find a New York 1899 penny because he thought it'd be cool.

And because he liked learning about the Newsies strike and knowing he held a penny that they had held would be so cool.

While shrugging to himself, Quills bent down to pick up the penny.

Quills grabbed the penny, standing back up. What kind of penny-

A cold wind blew over Quills- which was a bit weird since it was Summer- and Quills was no longer on a street in Australia.

404 Words
Quills, if you hate it, I can rewrite it.