Chapter 19 - The Chapter in Which They Kidnap Spot/Charades

Chapter 19 - Why is Kidnapping the Idea They Came up With?
Warnings: Kidnapping (lol), slight confusion and anxiety
A/N, you'll see why I chose the song to be 'Waving Through a Window' for this chapter lol.
Third Person POV

Quills, Paint, Flames, Berry, Stage, Ducky, and Skitts were in the basement of the Manhattan Lodge.

Stage was pacing and biting her nails.

Skitts seemed to be internally freaked out.

Quills seemed chill with this.

Berry looked slightly nervous.

Paint and Flames looked confused.

"So..." Berry started slowly. "There's another one of us in Brooklyn?" She asked.

Paint nodded. "Spot Conlon." They informed them.

Stage shuddered, shaking her head.

A lightbulb seemed to appear above Ducky's head. "I have an idea!" They exclaimed.

Everyone looked at them.

In Brooklyn

Charades followed Paint out of the Brooklyn mainland.

Said Manhattan Mergsie (though Charades didn't know they were a Mergsie) had asked to talk to them.

Charades was slightly skeptical, but he followed them anyway.

Paint- however- was slightly nervous, but also chill with the idea Ducky had come up with.

They led Charades a little farther away from the mainland, before Charades stopped in their tracks.

Paint looked at them. "What-" it started.

"Where are you leading me?" Charades asked, growing skeptical.

Paint rolled its eyes. Just cut me off, why don't ya? Paint sighed deeply. "I need to talk to you." They informed him.

Charades crossed their arms, raising an eyebrow at them. "I gathered that." He stated.

Paint rolled their eyes, lunging towards Charades.

Charades' eyes widened and he immediately jumped back, pulling his pimp-cane out of their belt loop.

They smacked Paint with it.

"Ow!" Paint yelped, grabbing their hand. They cradled it, glaring slightly at Charades. "We're literally trying to help you!" It complained.

Confused, Charades stared at them. "You're wh-" he started.

They felt someone grab them from behind, cutting them off and somehow knocking them to the ground, on their knees.

Charades didn't have enough time to fight back when their hands were tied.

"That," Flames started. "is so we don't get hurt anymore." They muttered, staring down at Charades.

Charades almost immediately started trying to pull out of the ropes.

Ducky stood next to Paint, high-fiving them.

Quills and Flames stood behind Charades.

"Why the heck are you, Manhattan Newsies, kidnapping me?" Charades grunted out, before letting their arms go limp. They weren't getting out of the ropes, they knew that. "We're literally allies."

Quills looked over at Flames, raising an eyebrow as if to ask 'are we?'

Flames shrugged. "Apparently."

Charades almost facepalmed. "You're all idiots." They muttered.

"Thanks!" Flames grinned sarcastically, helping Quills hoist Charades up.

"Let's go!" Ducky exclaimed, turning to start heading back to Brooklyn.

Charades started trying to pull away from Quills and Flames.

Quills rested his head on Charades shoulder, staring them in the eyes. "Don't bother." He smiled. "We're stubborn."

Charades groaned, but let them sorta drag them along.

Charades was slightly surprised to hear them singing musicals as they walked, but also not that surprised.

"Waving through a window!"

"OoOooh."

516 Words