Chapter 9 - "And Stage is With Elmer." "The Sunshine Newsie."

Chapter 9 - And Now, I Need to Find a Way to Explain What the Teddy Bear Was lol
Warnings: Confusion? Slight anxiety? Nothing that bad?
A/N, I'm aware that this isn't a musical song, but I think it fits (mostly). There will be lots of Sunshine Stage jokes (because people keep saying I'm innocent and I try to disagree.)
Third Person POV

Realization seemed to flow through the blue-eyes Newsie as they grabbed Ducky's wrist, pulling them up.

Ducky stumbled a bit, becoming more panicked.

"Jack! Race!" The blue-eyed Newsie called out, one of their hands cupped over their mouth to make their voice louder and the other still holding Ducky's wrist. "7-3-6!" They shouted.

Ducky stumbled slightly as the Newsie started pulling them towards the window.

"What's going o-" Ducky started.

"Shh." The Newsie shushed them, opening the window.

They looked to be struggling, and because they looked younger than Ducky and definitely more innocent, Ducky decided to help them open the window.

"Thanks." The Newsie whispered, before lifting themself up and climbing out onto the fire escape.

Ducky looked around the bunk room.

A familiar-looking teddy bear that was on one of the bunks caught their eye, but before they could do anything, the blue-eyed Newsie grabbed their wrist again and dragged them through the window and onto the fire escape.

Ducky fell on the butt on the fire escape, rubbing their wrist when the Newsie let go of it.

They watched the Newsie struggle to close the window again. "For someone who's younger than I am, you sure are strong." Ducky muttered, cringing slightly in pain.

The Newsie turned back to face them once they got the window closed. "I'm not strong, I'm stubborn." They shot Ducky a smile that Ducky swore almost blinded them.

A smile like that could only be described as a sunshine smile, Ducky thought to themself.

"And yet, Cards is still more stubborn than I am." Ducky swore they heard the Newsie mumble, before the Newsie looked back at them. Their eyes widened in panic. "Oh my God, did I hurt you?!" They exclaimed. "I'm so sorry!"

Ducky shook their head. "Nah, you're fine, dude." They responded. "I'm just confused right now."

"I promise, we're going to explain." The blue-eyed Newsie told them.

Ducky nodded, gripping the Newsie's hand as they pulled them up.

After a bit more climbing, the two of them got to a rooftop where two other Newsies were waiting.

"Person merged with Buttons," the blue-eyed Newsie started. "This is Paint," they gestured to a white-haired Newsie. "And Flames." They gestured to a dirty blonde-haired Newsie.

Ducky waved, before the Newsies' words dawned on them. Their eyes widened. "Merged with who?!" They exclaimed.

"Stage..." the Newsie Ducky was pretty sure the blue-eyed one had called Flames muttered, rubbing the temples of their forehead.

Stage shrugged, smiling cheekily.

"Listen," Paint started. "You're merged with a Newsie named Buttons because you touched an item that sent you here." They informed Ducky. "I'm merged with Race; the Second in Command of the Manhattan Newsies, Flames is with Jack; the leader, and Stage is with Elmer." They explained.

"The sunshine Newsie." Flames added.

Ducky pointed to them. "I can see that." They commented.

Stage's cheeks were dusted with blush again.

"Stage," Paint started, turning to face said Newsie. "How did you find out?" They asked.

"I was talking to Buttons because I need them to re-sew my button on-" Stage started.

"Again?" Flames asked, raising an eyebrow at her. "This is the third time this week." They commented.

Stage rolled her eyes. "I know. I keep falling down the stairs and ripping it!" She exclaimed. "Anyway, I basically watched as they merged and their reaction." She explained.

Flames turned to face Ducky. "I apologize for the fact that we haven't asked this yet, but what's your name and pronouns?" They asked.

"Ooh, I like you guys." Ducky stated. "Ducky, they/them." They answered. "Don't question it."

Flames nodded.

"You guys?" Ducky asked, looking between them.

"Stage, she/her."

"Paint, they/it."

"Flames, they/them."

Ducky nodded. "Okay, can you explain further now?" They asked.

Stage nodded. "Basically... we're in 1899 and merged with Newsies." She stated.

Ducky sighed deeply to stop themself from facepalming. "I got that, Stage." They muttered.

"Oh, right, sorry." Stage chuckled weakly.

760 Words
I think I'm gonna post 3 chapters today and 3 chapters on Thursday. I think that's my plan. Yep. Let's assume that's my plan.