Chapter 24 - Self-Love Talks from the New Kid who Loves Shirley Temple

Chapter 24 - Flames Felt so Betrayed Haha
Warnings: Self-love talks (*gasp* scary)
A/N, please keep in mind that these aren't edited cause Stage didn't want to bother Mel (: be light with the teasing and hate on it cause it's not edited
Third Person POV

Stage and Berry were talking with each other as they walked down a hallway of the Lodge when they heard something.

Both girls looked up to see Flames perched on a shelf.

Berry raised an eyebrow.

Stage giggled, covering her mouth.

"What are you doing?" They ask in unison.

Flames pursed his lips. "Enjoying the view?" They answered, sounding uncertain.

Berry crossed her arms. "And why don't I believe that?" She questioned.

Flames sighed deeply, knowing Berry knew they were lying. "Because it's a lie?" He responded.

Berry nodded. "Why are you perched on a shelf?" She asked.

Flames looked at the wall across from him. "Because why not?" He responded. "Why wouldn't someone want to be perched on a shelf?" They questioned. "I, for one, think this is a lovely shelf to be perched o-"

"Who's trying to give you a self-love talk?" Berry questioned.

"Sunny." Flames answered without hesitation.

Stage started laughing harder.

Berry chuckled. "That's why you're perched on a shelf." She commented.

"Please do not tell her where I am." Flames pleaded.

"Why not?" Stage asked, curious.

"Because I don't want a self-love talk." Flames answered.

"But you give me self-love talks." Stage pointed out. "And smack me with the self-love spoon." She mumbled, rubbing her arm where she'd gotten smacked before.

Quills, who was walking past them, stopped and patted Stage's head.

Flames rolled his eyes. "That's different." They said. "I actually care about you."

Berry cupped her hands over her mouth. "JoJo!" She shouted.

"Yeah?!"

Flames' eyes widened. "Bear-" they dramatically gasped in betrayal. "You're a traitor." He accused.

Berry smirked. "Jack's in here!" She shouted.

"Coming!"

Flames could basically hear Sunny's grin.

"Bear..." Flames whined, starting to climb down from the shelf.

Quills grabbed Stage's hand and they were both running now.

"Guys-" Flames watched them. "Help me!"

"Sorry, Flames!" Stage shouted as she was pulled away. "'Am not really in the mood to get a self-love talk!" She exclaimed.

Before Flames could respond, he fell off of the shelf.

They landed on the ground with a grunt and an 'oof' from a passing Ducky.

Sunny appeared above him, looking down at him. "Found you." She stated.

Flames rolled their eyes.

Sunny grabbed their wrist and started dragging them up.

Flames yelped. "Race-" they started.

"Sorry, Jackie!" Paint shouted from another room. "I can't help right now!" They exclaimed.

And with that, Flames was dragged off by Sunny.

Later

Flames flopped on their bunk in the bunk room. "Y'all are so not helpful." He grumbled.

A few of the Newsies in the room chuckle.

Sunny walked into the room, smiling contently with herself.

She looked at Stage. "You're next." Sunny informed her.

Stage's eyes widened in panic.

"But not yet." Sunny added. "I have to go sing Shirley Temple or else I'll miss my daily Shirley Temple and be sad." She stated, before turning and leaving the room.

Relieved, Stage sighed, holding her chest.

"What's Shirley Temples?" Crutchie muttered confusedly, watching the door that Sunny/JoJo had been standing in.

Paint shrugged. "You know Jo, it could be anything." It came up with a quick lie.

Crutchie nodded, content with that response.

Berry and Skitts shared relieved looks.

Secret's still safe as of right now...

638 Words
Daily (but not actually) joke: What do you call a Batman who quits?

Christian Bale.

Haha. I got a laugh out of my mom with that one. Please tell me if you laughed.

I'll be going now with my terrible jokes and even worse writing.