Chapter 7 - Shot to Brooklyn, 1899

Chapter 7 - Meet Charades! (AKA, pansexual_person6 )
Warnings: Slight anxiety and anger at points because of confusion
A/N, I feel like this is the only song that would work for this chapter lol cause Brooklyn's here now (Brooklyn being Charades)
Third Person POV

"Zachary!"

Charades was snapped out of their thoughts and musicals by their mother.

Slightly exasperated, Charades sighed as they pulled their headphones off of their head. "Yes?!" He shouted back.

"Go outside!" Their mother shouted to them.

Charades rolled their eyes. "Fine." They grumbled, getting up.

They put their headphones around their neck, getting up.

She interrupted me in the middle of Connor's part in sincerely me, Charades rolled his eyes again.

Charades stood in their room for a moment, thinking. What do I even want to do outside?

An idea hit them.

Charades smiled to themself, grabbing their phone and opening their door. He exited the room, closing the door after him, and started walking downstairs.

"I'm grabbing my skateboard from the garage!" Charades called to their mother as they opened the door to the garage.

"Alright!" Was the response they got in return.

Content with that, Charades opened the door to the garage and walked in.

After flicking on the light, it took a split-second for Charades' eyes to adjust to the light after being in the dark.

Charades looked around. Now, where is it? They pursed their lips, his eyes looking over everything.

Charades sighed deeply. This is gonna take a minute, they thought as they walked towards the closest bin to them.

Charades put his headphones back on, turning on music.

Charades looked through multiple bins while 'Sincerely Me' from Dear Evan Hansen played in the background, before something caught their eye.

They raised an eyebrow. What's this?

He went over to the bin and looked inside of it.

A slingshot. Charades looked at it. Intriguing.

As they looked closer at it, they noticed something.

It looked like initials carved into it.

Growing curious, Charades picked up the slingshot.

A cold breeze blew over them.

Charades' eyes widened when he found himself in an unfamiliar place.

They shot up. They looked down at themself. What am I wearing?!

Ace looked at his leader. "Spot?" He started slowly. "What's wrong?"

Charades' eyes went wide. They quickly pulled out the pimp-cane that was in the belt loop of the clothes they were now wearing, pointing it at Ace. "Where am I?!" They exclaimed.

They stood on the stairs, two stairs up, so he was just taller than Ace.

Ace quickly put his hands up, slightly startled. "Calm down!" He exclaimed, drawing attention to the two of them. "You're in Brooklyn, 1899! Don't you remember?" He questioned, looking concerned.

Charades fell silent, processing this. Brooklyn? In 1899? They looked back at Ace. "Who are you?" They asked, their voice slightly calmer.

Ace seemed to only get more concerned. "It's Ace." He answered softly. "Your Second in Command?" He stared at Charades. "Remember, Spot? You lead Brooklyn? People fear you and call you the King of Brooklyn?" He reminded him.

Charades stayed quiet for a moment again. I'm the... King of Brooklyn? And I'm feared? Charades looked around. I don't want to get taken to jail...

Charades lowered the pimp-cane.

Ace lowered his hands, looking slightly relieved, though still confused and concerned.

Charades massaged the temples of their forehead, their eyes closed. "Sorry." They breathed out. "I don't know what just happened." They muttered.

Ace inhaled slowly. "Are you okay now?" He asked.

Charades nodded.

"Do you want some space?" Ace asked him, his eyebrows furrowed in concern. "You can head up to your room."

Charades nodded, turning and going up the stairs without a word, unknowingly dropping the slingshot while they did.

They heard quiet talking behind them, but he ignored it, more focused on finding their room so they could have some peace.

Spot grumbled to himself, passing the bunk rooms and heading into his room.

664 Words