First Kiss

Work was becoming more demanding. Aurora could see her Dad becoming more stressed each day and wanting to ease the weight on his shoulders she now spent more time at the office. She would get to the school by half seven and finish at five. Then Aurora would come straight to the office and work until one in the morning before finally going home where she would quickly make her way to bed only to wake up at half four to start her day again. She was exhausted and the only thing that saved her from collapsing were her weekends. Aurora was free to do what she wanted on the weekends, sleep late, be with those she loved, see Teddy, clean until her happy days were over and she was thrusted back into work.
A part of her told herself to be grateful for the amount of work she had after complaining over the last two weeks how bored she way but now those two weeks had came back to attack and Aurora didn't feel grateful, not one bit but still she continue on without a single complaint and a smile on her face.

"Christ sake!" Aurora muttered to herself watching her Dads receptionist leave her office after bringing her more work from him. The list was becoming longer and longer, never going down no matter how much she did. Room on her desk was now tight, the floor no better after being turned into a maze of papers. Aurora was surprised she could still be seen through the mess she tried to claim as organised, well it was as organised as it could get. She was still hoping a gust of wind would blow through the open window and take everything with it but knowing her Dad she'd been sent straight out to catch it.
Looking down at her top draw in disdain Aurora felt like crying, she'd ate all her sweets before the main work had even began. There was nothing left for her to feast on while she was here, only cups of teas which in this moment were absolutely pointless . She needed sugar, she needed to feel that rush to keep her going like a child running around a fair.
Ignoring her building frustration, Aurora powered on, her fingers blistering the more she wrote and typed but she didn't stop, she couldn't stop. Everything had to be done. She could sleep in tomorrow, she didn't have to wake whilst it was still dark and that was enough to get her through the evening.

"Oh me dear tulip are you in here somewhere?!" A voice sung out as her office door opened. Glancing at the clock Aurora saw it was now ten at night and through the darkness of her office she saw Teddy coming towards her with a bright smile on his face and a bouquet of tulips in his hand.
Reaching her side he bent down and placed his lips against her cheek before presenting the flowers in front of her.
"For you sweet girl"
Grabbing them with a smile, Aurora looked up at him and returned his kiss, leaving a small lipstick stain on his pale cheek. Tommy would always wipe it away before he left the office, not wanting to walk around Birmingham covered in lipstick but Teddy didn't care, he always wore it like a badge of honour and refused to remove it until he washed his face at night. There were quite a lot of differences between dating a regular man and a blinder. Aurora was certainly relieved that she didn't have to worry about Teddy turning up dead.
"Thank you Teddy although M'not sure where I should put them, space is not somethin' I have currently" Aurora laughed gesturing to the mess around her, a small yawn slipping from her lips at the thought of more work. It was late but not late enough, there were still hours left to do.
"I'll tell you what, why don't I take them back home with me and then you can retrieve them tomorrow when we go on our date?" Teddy offered shyly accepting the flowers back off her "I just thought we could have a few drinks in The Golden Lion to celebrate your weekend of freedom"
"A few drinks in the pub sounds amazing Teddy! It's just what I need after this week" Aurora chirped in excitement hoping their spot at the back of the pub would be free. With both of them being easy to please, a night in the pub with a few drinks was heaven especially when it included a few rounds of dancing.
"Great, be at mine for seven tulip. A minute over and I'll just have to find myself a new drinking partner" Teddy warned humorously, letting out a hiss of pain as Aurora elbowed him in the ribs with a frown.
"Oh please! I'm the best drinking partner you 'ave but don't tell George I said that he'll declare war on me" Aurora winked secretly wishing she could go for that drink now with Teddy. She didn't want to wait until tomorrow.
"Good, I'll leave you to your work but before I go I got you another gift" Teddy announced reaching into his coat pocket and presenting Aurora with a little white paper bag. Her mouth began to water already knowing inside there would heaven in the form of sweeties. She could almost smell them as she took the bag with a squeal and opening it up she squealed again.
"Peace babies!" Aurora exclaimed loudly plucking one out the bag and throwing it into her mouth "Teddy you're an angel"
"I know tulip" Ruffling up her hair, Teddy watched Aurora happily eat her sweets before he turned away from the desk and began trying to move his way through the office without disturbing her papers "I'll see you tomorrow you little terror"
"See you tomorrow Teddy!"