Garrison

"How bad do you think it is?" Arthur asked looking over at Aurora, completely crestfallen as they tailed Tommy and Polly to The Garrison.
Biting her lip Aurora clicked her tongue before taking a deep breath.
Well...Arthur...The Garrison has been blew up so I imagine...it's...pretty fucking bad" she replied giving him an apologetic smile.
"Who would do this, to my fookin' pub?!"
"I don't know Arthur but we'll find out and destroy the bastards" Aurora nodded, determined to see justice.
She loved The Garrison, everyone in Small Heath loved it which is why she didn't understand how anyone could bring harm to it. Sure the Shelby's had a lot of enemies, it would take them forever to go down the list of suspects.
Aurora was furious.
How dare they?! The Garrison, really?!
Truth be told Aurora would of been less angry if someone had blew up her Granny.

As they turned into the street Aurora caught her first glance of The Garrison and strangely to her relief it wasn't as bad as she had expected. Aurora thought they would get there and see nothing but a large pile rubble and glass. It was still an act of war in her eyes but at least they hadn't lost the pub altogether, they could have it looking new in no time yet the pain of someone attacking their pub was there and it hurt.
Arthur appeared like an upset child and Aurora was half expecting him to fall into her lap and cry.

Tommy and Polly were already stood outside The Garrison when Aurora and Arthur pulled up behind them. Getting out the car Aurora looked up and let out a low whistle as she took in the charred walls.
"I mean it's still in once piece at least" she stated earning her a bewildered look from Arthur who had come to stand beside her "Oh don't give me that look Arthur, it can be easily fixed up"
"Why do you see the good in every situation?" Arthur grumbled making Aurora shrug with a small smile.
"I like to think everything can be mended"

Reaching up Aurora gave Arthur's shoulder a comforting squeeze before cautiously slipping under the rope that shielded The Garrison and standing next to Tommy.
"Got any ideas on who might of did this?" Aurora questioned watching confetti blow across the rubble tainted ground.
"No but I know where to start" Tommy informed them reaching into his coat for a much needed cigarette.
"Where?" Polly frowned taking the now lit cigarette from Tommy lips and making it her own much to the slight irritation of Tommy.
"The Black Lion, I'll be back later"
Kissing Aurora's cheek quickly, Tommy turned and walked away before a single protest could be heard.
"Won't he need help?" Aurora asked looking at Polly in worry.
If they could blow the pub up, they could easily bring harm to Tommy.
"No, he'll be fine, he always is" Polly reassured her "come on, let's get home"

"Pol, we need to get The Garrisons whiskey away from the coppers, the bastards will 'ave it" Arthur growled under his breath, approaching the women as they headed back to the cars and frowning at the police who were hanging around his pub.
"I'll leave that task up to you Arthur, I'm going home" Polly smiled tapping his cheek lightly and getting into the car.
"Can you climb Rora?" Arthur suddenly directed at Aurora, his face both serious and curious.
"You what?" Aurora laughed. Had he gone mad?
"Can you climb?"
"M'orright"
"Good, right then come with me" Arthur ordered taking her lightly by the arm and pulling her up the street.
"Arthur, you haven't even asked the poor girl if she wants to help!" Polly exclaimed, watching a helpless Aurora being dragged into danger. Arthur's missions were always dangerous.
"It's ok Aunt Pol, anything for the family" Aurora called back, waving with her free arm.
She wanted some fun today, to feel free for just a moment and helping Arthur would surely be fun........
That's if he didn't get her killed.

"Arthur, the fuck you need that for?!" Aurora demanded watching the man conceal a pry bar within his pants, making sure the hooked end wasn't in sight.
"There's a window on the roof of The Garrison, we need to get through it and slip inside without bein' seen or heard" Arthur explained as he peeked around the street that led up to the back of the pub.
"You want us to climb on the roof?" The idea seemed ludicrous yet Aurora found her stomach bubbling in excitement.
"Like you said it's still in one piece" Arthur mocked turning to give her a grin.
"Orright! Orright! Give me a minute" Aurora demanded ripping the veil from her head before bending town to unfasten her shoes.
"What are you doing?" Arthur wondered, twisting his head to the side as he watched her.
"Well I can't climb the fucking pub wearing heels can I?" Letting her heels drop to the floor, Aurora placed her hands on her hips and looked at him expectantly "You're the boss 'ere, what do we do next?"
"Yeah...erm...right....follow me"
Listening to Arthur stumble over his words diminished some of the hope she had for this being a successful mission. She had never been locked up before, perhaps today was the day.