Heaven

'You should of brought a gun'
She repeated the words over and over in her mind until they travelled down onto her tongue and left a bitter taste in her mouth.
How had she let herself go defenceless?
It didn't matter if their venture of the day was innocent, evil lurked around every corner and being prepared for it should of been the first thing on her mind when she rose that morning. Now Aurora had failed in her promise to Tommy, she'd put Charlie in harms way and she could only hope to find a way to get him out.
Why hadn't she screamed for Tommy? He was right there, one call and he would of been out into the hall alongside her.
Why hadn't she been quicker? She shouldn't of let that woman hold Charlie for longer than necessary. Aurora should of ran right away and took Charlie from the woman's arms. If the priest wasn't to be trusted, a nurse wasn't to be either.

"Will someone shut that fucking kid up?!"
Charlie's screams filled the car cutting through Aurora's self battle of blame and fury. He hadn't stopped crying since the nurse first ran off with him and now as he sat on the strangers knee he continued to let his discomfort be known. Once again, Aurora reached over to try and take him from the nurse only for a strong hand to shoot up and take her right wrist in a crushingly tight grip.
"I told you to knock that off!" A gruff voice shouted, cutting through Charlie's cries for a moment until Charlie grew louder and began to cough. It was a sound Aurora knew all to well and if she didn't get him back soon he would begin to choke.
The nurse was towards the left, Aurora had been placed in the middle and to her right sat a man she'd never met before. Aurora hadn't met anyone in the car except from the priest yet from the looks of disgust they all threw her Aurora was lead to believe she'd wronged them in another life.
"Look, he's not goin' to calm down until you hand him to me!" Aurora hissed, snapping her head back to glare at the man. He wanted Charlie to stop crying yet made no attempts to solve it and Charlie wouldn't stop until he was back with Aurora. Just like Tommy, he wasn't fond of strangers even in his own home there were only certain people Charlie would go to happily.
"Just give her the child" Father Hughes spoke up from the passenger seat with a loud sigh waving his hand like he was brushing away a minor inconvenience.
Snatching her wrist back, Aurora turned to Charlie and putting her hands under his armpits she plucked him from the nurses arms and brought him onto her lap. Wrapping one arm around his waist, she used the other to cup his head and gently began to rock him back and forth.
"There sweet love I've got you, I've got you"
His loud cries soon fell into small hiccups as he settled down and buried his head into Aurora's chest seeking out comfort and reassurance. Her heart broke for him, he wasn't aware of what was happening around him, he just knew he was terrified and no child deserved to feel that way.
"How old is he?" The nurse next to her spoke up, leaning her head forwards to engage Aurora in conversation.
"Speak to me again and I will rip your tongue from your mouth and force you to swallow it" Aurora smiled sweetly still rocking Charlie with a gentle hum. Aurora wasn't certain who she wanted to hurt more, this woman for taking Charlie or the priest knowing this shit show came down to him.

"So tell me priest, what is this? Why did you take us?" Aurora demanded trying to keep her voice low yet forceful now that Charlie had drifted off into sleep. The longer he slept the better, perhaps with any luck he'd be back in his own bed by the time he woke.
"This is reassurance dear girl. Thomas Shelby has proven countless times that he cannot be trusted. He would rather follow his own rules rather than follow mine. Taking the things he loves most gives me the reassurance that he will finally take me seriously and do the task I've set out for him before time runs out. I had debated whether or not to take his child or his mistress but it appears God is smiling down on me today because now I have both" Father Hughes explained turning to give her a smile that told Aurora he'd won the game. She wanted to see that smile ripped from his face, she wanted to watch him choke on his own blood as his heart froze in his chest.
"With your track record Father M'certain Charlie was your first choice, am I wrong?" Aurora humoured masking the fear she felt inside not just for Charlie and herself but also Tommy. There was no escaping this, Tommy had no choice but to go through with the task set out for him now that Charlie had been took. It suddenly dawned on Aurora what that task was, the train. Since the Bolsheviks weren't going to blow it up anymore, Tommy Shelby would have to blow it up. "It's the train isn't it?"
"Yes it's the train. You're a smart girl aren't you?! I imagine Thomas discussed everything with you once you found your way back into his bed"
"I'm not back in his bed" Aurora protested with a scoff "You do know once it's done he'll come for you, maybe he'll even come before then"
"Once Thomas does his job he'll be dead Miss Hayes. You can be both buried together with your little boy Lewis and being the Good Samaritan I am I will allow Charlie to come under my care" Father Hughes stated sending a disgusted shiver down Aurora's spine.
It was then that she decided to fight with everything she had in her. She didn't know how she was going to but Aurora knew she couldn't die before Charlie was safe. They could do whatever they willed to her, she would hold on until the right moment came. Only when Charlie had been delivered back to safety would Aurora let them hear her last breath.