Freddie

The air was filled with buzzing excitement as both Aurora and Tommy came to a stop at the corner of the street and looked over towards the club for a moment. The outside was crowded and filled with people from all walks of life. Each had a smile on their face as they all engaged with one another, their best clothes and jewels glistened under the moonlight creating a sea of colours.
Aurora could see the Shelby clan and her family laughing amongst each other, it was an incredible sight, one Aurora would hold in her memory forever. She watched Arthur's eyes light up as he noticed Jane walking towards them before quickly latching herself on to her Dad's side, wanting to be included in their fun.
Aurora let her eyes come away from both her families and over towards the doors where the red ribbon glided across them, waiting to be cut and allow everyone inside.
Aurora felt a sense of pride in herself, she had done it!
The club was perfect, down to the last detail and she hoped everyone loved it as much as she did.

"I think it's time for you to cut the ribbon Tommy 'fore everyone thinks we're missing" Aurora grinned beginning to pull him along, her hand tightly within his, her stomach fluttering with anticipation. She just wanted to get inside and show Tommy the finished result.
Tommy could feel the happiness radiating off his mouse, it prodded his skin like sparks of pure electricity and allowing himself to be guided over towards his family, Tommy couldn't help but let Aurora's happiness infect him.

Aurora suddenly let out a mocking gasp as they gained in on their families.
"Is that Freddie Thorne?! At a social occasion?! Well I never!" She exclaimed, slapping her hand to her chest with a laugh. Aurora was genuinely surprised to see him. Freddie seemed to be around less and less particularly when it came to gatherings or celebrations. In a way they were both very similar in the sense they liked to stay home where it was quiet and have visitors rather than venturing out plus Freddie unlike other men loved to be home with Karl and look after him without help from others.

"I felt guilty for missin' your birthday!" Freddie grinned wrapping an arm around Aurora's shoulder and pulling her into his embrace with a kiss upon her cheek.
Letting her lips press against his cheek Aurora had to stop herself for making a sound and quickly swallowed the lump in her throat.
Freddie's skin was like fire, hot steering fire as if someone had lit a match to his flesh and it had slowly began to bubble and boil his insides. Never had Aurora felt a fever like it and his sweat soaked cheek indicated Freddie, without a doubt was feeling it too.
"Good to see you Freddie" Aurora whispered in his ear, masking the worry she know was written within her eyes as she pulled away and forced a smile.
She wondered if anyone else knew there was something wrong or was it just her?
Now that Aurora truly looked at him under the moonlight she saw the lack of pink in his pale skin and the way his face hollowed in as if he were desperate for any source of nourishment.

"Let's get this fookin' ribbon cut, I need a drink!" John bellowed cutting off Aurora's view of Freddie as the younger Shelby brother walked between them and towards the club doors.
Letting go of her worry for a moment Aurora turned to Tommy and gestured for him to follow John.
"Go on Tommy! It's time!" She practically squealed jumping up to quickly kiss his lip before pressing her hand against his back and pushing him forwards.
Sending her a wink, Tommy gave Aurora's waist a squeeze and slowly began to approach the doors.
Wanting to be front row Aurora quickly threw her arm through Lizzie's and followed on with the rest of the family, her heart beating like a steady drum and her skin tingling with delight.

"You seem happier" Lizzie pointed out with a small smirk, relief flooding through her knowing Aurora's stress was now a thing of the past.
"Much happier, thank you for putting up with me over the last week, I knew I've been a nightmare" Aurora shook her head, letting out a puff of air as she nudged Lizzie's side in good humour.
"Now all you need to do is enjoy tonight without worrying"
"I always worry Lizzie, what if a chandelier drops on someone's head?"
"Fuck off!" Lizzie laughed, throwing her head back, knowing despite the teasing tone in Aurora's voice she was also serious and Lizzie tonight would surely find her staring up at the nights, begging them not to fall.