Soft Moans

Small smut sadly not Tommy though

Aurora waited, seated at her new desk with Tommy's empty morphine bottles stood across it. She'd quickly retrieved them from the bathroom and brought them here to be put on display knowing they would be the first thing to capture his attention once he walked in the room. It irritated Aurora that she was going to have to tell a grown man to take better care of himself. She was certain Charlie knew how to take better care of himself than his Father.
Letting out a sigh, Aurora leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes, resting them gently while she waited. She wondered what was being said in the other room. If both Alfie Solomons and her Dad were here, business was definitely being discussed, business being a robbery to swipe the Russians fortunes from underneath their noses. It was risky but Thomas Shelby loved risk, he also loved to be paid what he was owed. It was a complex situation, as always Aurora felt the urge to pull him back from danger yet she also wanted him to do what he needed to do nor would she ever try to stop him. She just needed him to take more precaution.

Forty five minutes she waited, holding her pocket watch in her hands tightly watching it tick on and on until the door to her new office finally opened and Tommy walked in appearing already tired of the conversation they were yet to have. A cigarette hung from his lips, his inspecting her ridged form and tight smile.
"Your Dad sends his love"
He'd ignored the bottles in front of her, keeping his attention of her face as she let out a small scoff.
"What, didn't 'ave time to speak to me did he?"
"He's working Aurora, we're all working" He stated, her attitude filling him with irritation yet he held it down and cleared his throat. He hadn't come here to argue with her, God knows they'd done too much arguing over the years.
"Except me because I don't 'ave a job anymore" She grumbled more to herself than to him, a wave of sadness washing her before quickly leaving the shore again as she remembered why she was here, Charlie.
"Yeah well you can go back to it once this shit is over"
No, she would try to get back to it but bringing disappointment to her first attempt at becoming a teacher didn't leave her with a nice record to go forward with. In the school's eyes she was unreliable and it would spread throughout the education system to be weary of employing her.
"Speaking of this shit, we need to talk so come sit down" Aurora ordered pointing to the chair across from her with a frown. It was time for the war to begin.
"I see you've been snooping around me room mouse" Tommy muttered finally allowing his eyes to rest upon the morphine bottles. Reaching out he snatched one and brought it towards him. Opening up, he pulled his cigarette from his lips and exhaling the smoke causing a small clouded fog between them he flicked the excess ash into the bottle and returned the cigarette to his mouth.
"How old are you Thomas? The answer is you're not a child. You're old enough to know not to pour your medication down the sink so this conversation shouldn't be happening yet here we are and what I want to know is why?" Aurora bit out trying to keep herself from snapping her teeth at him. Perhaps if she could keep this as civil as possible there wouldn't be no loud voices and no maids with their ears pressed up against the door.
"Can I pour myself a drink?" Tommy asked nodding in the direction of Aurora's newly unopened whiskey he'd placed in the office a few days ago. It was one of her favourites, his too.
"No you cannot pour yourself a fucking drink Thomas! This is the reason we're havin' this meeting!"
"I thought it was about the medication" Tommy replied with a small frown and letting out a groan, Aurora slumped forwards and dropped her head in her hands.

"I'm tired of this Tommy" She exhaled after a moment of tense silence as she wondered how she could approach a man who was so oblivious to the damage he was causing.
"Tired of what mouse?" Tommy demanded lightly dropping his cigarette into the open bottle and crossing his arms over his chest "Tired of what mouse?"
"I'm tired of you not giving a shit about your life! I'm tired of you not caring for your own well being! Thomas you almost died and still you can't do the simplest of fucking tasks to help your recovery! You do not care for the dangers! You do not care for the risks but I can tell you this Tommy, I care and so does this fucking family! Do you know what would of happened if you died?! And I'm not talking about the businesses, fuck them. I'm talking about the family. Charlie left without a Dad, your family left without you, me left without you. It would destroy us especially that little boy who's already lost one parent before he's even reached the age of two! Why can't you be more careful Tommy? You care so much about keeping this family safe yet give no thought to your own and I'm wholeheartedly fucking sick of it!"
She'd finally snapped, releasing all the frustration she felt of her chest. She'd be lying if she said she felt better about it because she didn't. Knowing Tommy her words would go through one ear and out the other no matter how heartfelt they were. To Tommy self care didn't exist unless it was a clean shave and a fancy new suit.