Moving Up

Aurora was positively beaming by the time the car had come to a stop and she stepped out onto the cobbles of Watery Lane. Her sunny smile wrapped her body within a warm halo, instantly reassuring a nervous Lizzie who was stood waiting outside the betting shop hoping not to be seen.
Tommy remained in the car, his face stoic as the watched the mouse bounce over to Lizzie. He still did not known why Lizzie, of all the women Aurora could be friends with in Small Heath but his mouse saw something in her, what it was Tommy had yet to discover for himself.

"Lizzie! M'so glad you decided to help me!" Aurora exclaimed cheerfully wrapping one arm around the woman and placing a surprising kiss on her cheek.
"It was nice doin' something different" Lizzie smiled, a feeling of giddiness bubbling up inside her. Her friend was here, her friend and Aurora appeared as happy as she did.
"M'glad! I hope to find more work for you soon" Aurora replied already thinking of ways she could promote Lizzie to something better. She would get her out her old life it was only a matter of time, Aurora would succeed.
The office search had distracted Lizzie for the last two weeks. Upon phoning Aurora and accepting her offer, Lizzie worked hard to find the perfect place for Shelby Company Limited and in her eyes had found that very place just two days ago. Now Lizzie, though happy to see Aurora was mourning. The search had enabled her to have the smallest time away from work and if Tommy agreed to the new office she would have to go back, back to those long nights of sadness and shame. A part of Lizzie had been hesitant to inform Aurora of her findings but she did not want to start their friendship with a lie.

Aurora on the other hand had been ecstatic at Lizzie's finds and just yesterday had demanded Tommy bring her to Birmingham with him in order to see it for herself. She also used the opportunity as the chance to persuade herself to bring Fortune to Small Heath. Preparing her horse to travel with them today Aurora wept many times until Tommy finally cut her off with words of encouragement. She was certain his eyes would have rolled and stayed in the back of his head if she had cried once more. Tommy knew Fortune would be perfectly content here and leaving her alone was to torment the mares mind. Aurora, though quite bitter knew he was right, Tommy was always right.

"Are you ready to go see it Aurora?" Lizzie asked presenting the key she had to the building.
The seller, reluctant to engage Lizzie had quickly change his tone once she had dropped the name Shelby and had all but give the building to her, urging Lizzie to convince the Shelby's to buy. The price he offered was ludicrous, even the poorest of people could afford it yet that price was solely for the Shelby's.
"Yes but first I need to accompany Fortune to Charlie's Yard, you can with us if you want?" Aurora offered nodding towards the horse box that was attached to the back of Tommy's car.
Lizzie, catching a glimpse of those cold, icy eyes stepped back and kindly shook her head. She couldn't get in the car with Tommy, he would surely swallow up what was left of her soul and spit her out onto the street.
"It's ok Aurora thank you....I'll wait"

Noticing how uncomfortable Lizzie was, Aurora linked her arm through hers and with a reassuring smile began leading her into the betting shop.
"What are you doing?" Lizzie wondered looking around in curiosity as the shop boomed with life.
"M'finding you somewhere comfortable to wait" Aurora chirped searching for a familiar face in the crowd which surprisingly didn't take long.
"What the fook' you doin' man?!"
Aurora caught sight of Arthur swiftly clapping one of the workers round the back of the head and winced feeling sorry for the man who looked startled at the slap.
"Arthur! Arthur!" Aurora called out weaving her way through the crowd, keeping a tight hold on Lizzie just in case she found herself drowning in a mass of bodies.
"Ello love!" Arthur grinned spotting the dark haired girl barrelling towards him with Lizzie Stark.
"Arthur I need you to do me a favour please"
Finally reaching him, Aurora wrapped her free arm around him and kissed his cheek, copying the same actions she had done outside. It amazed Lizzie to have someone around Small Heath who was so openly loving and caring towards everyone.
"Of course love what is it?"
"Me and Tommy need to head over to Charlie's Yard and get Fortune settled in her new home but Lizzie is 'ere to show me the potential new office. I want you to take Lizzie into the house and get her sat down and comfortable. See if she wants a drink and make sure no one bothers her please until I get back" Aurora explained standing to the side to show Lizzie who had happily been hiding behind Aurora's back even though her friend happened to be a lot shorter.